Question

Downloading from my website - new problem

• 4 February 2016
  • 5 replies

Hi there. I use soundcloud to create playlists of my songs, and then I share them on my website using the embedding code. Usually I get a download button on my website so people can download them for free. This time in soundcloud I have once again gone through each song, gone to permissions and allowed downloads, however, the download feature is now refusing to appear on my website. Wondering if you can help? I am a free user of soundcloud. I use safari (version 9.0.2), and my website is playfulmusic.org, using the X theme in wordpress. I am using OS XYosemite 10.10.5 on a macbook pro. I can send a screenshot where this process has happened successfully in the past. I am wondering why it is not working now...

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out - looks like a pretty amazing project you got there! :-)

Hmm, I'd like to take a closer look into this - can you send over the title of the playlist in question? I believe the actual embed on your site is behind some sort of paywall? If not so, feel free to send over the direct link if the page where you've got an embed, too.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis - thanks for your reply. Really appreciate your help! The playlist in question is called "Lights, Colour, Action" and here is the link https://soundcloud.com/you/sets As you can see, I have 4 other playlists, each of which has embedded fine onto my website (using wordpress along with woo commerce).

To log into soundcloud my email is themusicroom@bigpond.com, and I believe the password is september30.

If you need to see the backend of my wordpress website (as the pages where the embedded playlists are located, are subscription (paid only) pages, I can send you this as well. Just let me know if this is needed.

With hope,

Kylie
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I've set this conversation to private now - please never ever reveal your login details to any account of yours in a public forum! Otherwise, you're basically inviting anyone to access your account without consent.

Now, I've looked into your case and can see the download button in the upper right corner of your embedded player. I feel it used to be on the right hand side of each track before (not sure actually...), but it is definitely still there :-)

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis

Thanks so much for your help and advice (and for making this conversation private!). I'm struggling to see the download button. I will attach two pictures so you can see the comparison of my two playlists and how they have embedded into my website. They look quite different. As you can see, the "Miracle Me" has a button on the right for downloading. The "Lights, Colour, Action" doesn't...

Oh, I just saw that I can't attach anything. Is there any way to send you a couple of screen shots?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mathis

Thanks so much for your help and advice (and for making this conversation private!). I'm struggling to see the download button. I will attach two pictures so you can see the comparison of my two playlists and how they have embedded into my website. They look quite different. As you can see, the "Miracle Me" has a button on the right for downloading. The "Lights, Colour, Action" doesn't...

Oh, I just saw that I can't attach anything. Is there any way to send you a couple of screen shots?

Hi again Kylie, you should be able to upload images upon clicking on the small camera icon.

I've taken a screenshot. Here it is:

However, I did notice that the visual embed does not show the download icon - maybe this is where the confusion was rooted?

Cheers
Mathis