Question

embed code not working on my website

• 25 November 2014
  • 9 replies

There is something weird going on the with the embed code!
When I put it in my website, it seems to be ok (picture, music,....) but when I go to another page in my website, the music restart and it restart again each time I change to another page.
(my website is built with Jimdo: www.mirddhyn.fr)
Is there anyway we can get a fix??
Thanks by advance for your answer
(Sorry! I'm French, my English is not fluent)

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi mirddhyn,

Thank you for your post. I've looked at your page to see what's happening with the embed on your site. I will try and explain this in further detail.

The way this currently works is actually expected - since the entire website changes when you click any of the links on your website, the whole page including the embedded player is basically refreshed. Hence, the restart is expected.

In order to have the music playing continuously, I would recommend to set up the different subpages on your website in a number of frames that open within your main website when you click on them. Then, you can keep the embedded player in the main frame and it'll continue to play at all times.

Hope that makes sense - it is basically dependent on how you set up your website, so I guess the good people over at the Jimdo support can help with this most efficiently.

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Mathis
Thank you for your response but I don't understand quite well when you tell me "I would recommend to set up the different subpages on your website in a number of frames that open within your main website when you click on them." because It seems to me that it is what I made when I built the navigation of my website. I asked Jimdo support who told me to see this problem with you!!!
Cheers
Mirddhyn
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mirddhyn,

Thanks for the update. Hmm, ok, let's see. I will try to explain this as best as possible.

Currently, it looks like the navigation bar (the part where the player is also embedded) is set up for each of your pages individually. This means, this part of the page reloads every time you click on a different link on your website.

If this part is re-loaded when you choose any of the links in it (i.e., "What I propose", "My life story", etc.), then the embedded player will load again as well, meaning it will start over.

What you would need on your website is a persistent element (like, one frame that does not reload when you switch the category) that remains and does not reload regardless of to part of your website users browse.

Hope this helps to clarify :-)

Cheers,
Mathis
Thanks a lot, Mathis: it is very clear. I have to see with Jimdo support how to set up this persistent element you speak about.
Cheers
Mirrdhyn
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks a lot, Mathis: it is very clear. I have to see with Jimdo support how to set up this persistent element you speak about.
Cheers
Mirrdhyn

Hi Mirrdhyn,

Thanks for your update - I found myself struggling to describe this in an easy way actually, so I'm glad I was able to make things a bit clearer for you. All the best to you, hope Jimdo can help out quickly. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Mathis,
Sorry but I come back to you because Jimdo support did not solve my problem. Here is his response, speaking of you: "So while yes, it's definitely possible to do what they mentioned, we don't provide that kind of support. Doing what they mentioned requires that you create some code and add it to the website. Unfortunately, we do not provide help with custom code, or tools that are outside of Jimdo.

My only recommendation would be to add a question in one of the forums on the internet where people provide code snippets to others."
Is there anything you can do for me, please???
Thnaks by advance
Cheers
Mirddhyn
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mathis,
Sorry but I come back to you because Jimdo support did not solve my problem. Here is his response, speaking of you: "So while yes, it's definitely possible to do what they mentioned, we don't provide that kind of support. Doing what they mentioned requires that you create some code and add it to the website. Unfortunately, we do not provide help with custom code, or tools that are outside of Jimdo.

My only recommendation would be to add a question in one of the forums on the internet where people provide code snippets to others."
Is there anything you can do for me, please???
Thnaks by advance
Cheers
Mirddhyn

Hi there Mirddhyn,

Thanks for writing back about this. Sorry to hear Jimdo wasn't able to provide the necessary support here. Ultimately, this issue is rooted in website coding, and we also don't provide web-coding support.

Not sure why Jimdo wouldn't provide such an option. I've created a free account with them to take a look myself and see if I can help with it, but I couldn't find anything easily.

I've then signed up for a free account at wix.com (I'm not specifically recommending it, but it was essentially among the top results from Google when I searched for a free service) and created a website with a VERY basic setup (please don't judge my choice of design, haha).

You can find the website here.

Once you're there - start playing the track that I've embedded, then switch between "HOME" and "Info 1" (you'll see this page when you click over "HOME".

See how the track keeps playing because it is placed in the header of the website that remains the same? I guess that is how you would want to set up your own homepage as well - have one "master"-website where your embed and maybe your sitemap is stored, and the different subpages loading without fully reloading your website everytime (which, by the way, might save your visitors some time as well when switching between the different places on your site)

I hope this makes the hole thing a bit more feasible for you.

Cheers,
Mathis

P.S.: Let me know when you've seen the test page and don't need it any longer so I can delete it - not my most beautiful work, haha 😉
Hi there Mathis,
It's ok : I've just seen your test page but unfortunately but Jimdo don't provide the option to set the track in the header 😞 but zekoolweb.com webmaster told me that I have to propose to the visitors of my website to open a pop up window which holds a Flash reader with my track but I don't know how to do it and I can't afford what to pay the coaching he proposes me to realize it... and you?
Cheers,
Mirddhyn