Very recent issue on SoundCloud: track is embedded on a webpage, doesn't matter whether it's a WordPress blog or an external site. Track shows up just fine including cover, comments, SoundCloud overlay, etc. Press the Play button and nothing happens: no sound and the gauge stays at 00:00.
Following possibilities have been ruled out:
1) It's not a browser issue -- happens on Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE.
2) Other tracks from other SoundCloud users play just fine -- appears to be only this account.
3) Sound turned up (yes, we checked that first).
4) Everything plays just fine on the SoundCloud website -- it's only embedded tracks on other sites that experience this problem.
5) As mentioned, this is a very recent issue -- only started occurring within the past couple of weeks, and it appears to affect all embedded tracks (even those uploaded months ago).
Frankly, we're stumped. Anyone else have this? We may end up abandoning SoundCloud for this reason.