Question

Embedding player in Facebook

• 30 November 2017
  • 13 replies

When posting a Soundcloud link of my music on Facebook, two situations:

#1. There is an embedded player inside Facebook. Then people just need to click Play, and they can listen to it. Simple and easy!

#2. There is no embedded player. People have to click on the link to go outside of Facebook (many people won't want to do this, loosing 50% of potential listeners here). Then they arrive on soundcloud.com. Then (on mobile), it asks "Please install app to listen to this song". (Loosing 95% of potential listeners here because very few people will install an app just for having a listen). At the end very very few people will listen with this UserExperience #2. Maybe 50 times less than with UX #1.

How can I enable #1?

PS: it works on Twitter, why doesn't it work on Facebook?

13 replies

Anyone?
Userlevel 1
Yup. But the remaining 5% will be a gain for SoundCloud itself.
Apparently, that's all they care about...

Posting music on facebook has in itself a very small chance of getting played. If one has to go elsewhere to do it, it gets virtually improbable. What a nice gift to all of us who want to promote our music! And they have the nerve to say that it's better for us because people get to know our personal SoundCloud page. As if they will ever get there!

Time to look for other players...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for your feedback around this, which will be forward to the relevant team. In the meantime, there might be 3rd party solutions for you to achieve what you're going for.

Cheers
Mathis
I have a similar problem - the forum quotes this as a feature of a paid pro account which we have.

Soundcloud overlays - unchecked

Play on Soundcloud is supposed to be removed.

We lose the majority of our mobile traffic to Soundcloud website - its unacceptable. We bought a paid account in good faith that it would remove this interstitial.

https://soundcloud.com/user-148007195
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/share-embed-230064/removing-the-play-on-soundcloud-listen-in-browser-overlay-on-embedded-players-7288315/index2.html#post18028252

We are trying to embed the player on a website
I am convinced if I knew enough about suing javascript or Jquery I could overwrite the CSS in the iframe and display:none the interstitial modal

Does anyone have a hack around.

On our landing page I have just replaced it with mixcloud - which I don't want to do because we don't have any of the analytics we are paying for with our soundcloud subscription.

I am also tired of writing endless messages for the last week and getting no replies.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please can you give me some advice Mathis

Thanks for your feedback around this, which will be forward to the relevant team. In the meantime, there might be 3rd party solutions for you to achieve what you're going for.

Cheers
Mathis
Prize goes to Tom Jenkinson

Our eCom platform replaces "color=%23ff5500" with "color=#ff5500" - breaking the string and all the rest is ignored. Hence the overlays continue to load.

With the colour section removed the player will load the default button colour and honour the other instructions in the string, including disabling overlay "Play on Soundcloud". Sanity restored.

Thanks
This issue is still a problem , any solutions for it currently ? SoundCloudX isn’t supported any more
Userlevel 2
Bandcamp and Youtube at least allow you to embed players into comments (not top posts), I've started moving my material to Bandcamp.
You used to be able to put x after soundcloud in the URL when sharing on Facebook and it would work. But Facebook have stopped this now. Anyone got any solutions? Thanks!

Cheers
Mathis

Mathis this 3rd party solution has since stopped working. Any ideas? Basically we need a Soundcloud embedded player inside Facebook. Then people just need to click Play, and they can listen to it. Simple and easy! Would really appreciate Soundcloud's help on this. Thanks 🙂
UGH!