Answered

Embedding Soundcloud Files License

Hi!

I want to embed songs from SoundCloud in a mobile android application. But now I saw the chatper "Use of SoundCloud Players and Widget" in the terms of service.

Did I understand correctly, that I'm not allowed to embed songs from SoundCloud to any destination if the song is not uploaded by myself?

" You may not, without the prior written consent of SoundCloud, use the Players or the Widget in such a way that you aggregate Content from the Platform into a separate destination that replicates substantially the offering of the Website, or comprises a content service of which Content from the Platform forms a material part. Similarly, you may not, without the prior written consent of SoundCloud, use the Players or the Widget to embed Content into any website or other destination dedicated to a particular artist (except where the relevant Content is Your Content and you are the person or are authorized to represent the person to whom the site or destination is dedicated), or to a particular genre. You may not use the Players or Widget in any way that suggests that SoundCloud or any artist, audio creator or other third party endorses or supports your website, or your use of the Players or Widget. The foregoing shall apply whether such use is commercial or non-commercial.You may not use the Players or Widget in any way that suggests that SoundCloud or any artist, audio creator or other third party endorses or supports your website, or your use of the Players or Widget. The foregoing shall apply whether such use is commercial or non-commercial."

And what is about the downloads? Many files on SoundCloud are available to download. Am I allowed to download them and provide it within a mobile application? I can't find something about that in the legals.

Thanks for your answers!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 8 June 2016, 15:21

Hi there Sampa,

Thank you for posting on the help forum. Please reach out to our Trust & Safety team on this matter for further assistance with your questions.

Thank you & all the best
Mathis
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Sampa,

Thank you for posting on the help forum. Please reach out to our Trust & Safety team on this matter for further assistance with your questions.

Thank you & all the best
Mathis
Hi @Sampa - did you ever get an answer to this question?