Question

Facebook app not receiving any activity

• 1 February 2015
  • 6 replies

I used to show only my favorited tracks on my facebook timeline, but since over a month it didn't show anything new (yes, i did add new favorites this month...)
all the settings are as they used to be. i even tried deleting the connection both on fb and soundcloud and re-adding it, but no success.

here's my connections screen, hope it helps

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there Arek,

Thanks for writing in about this & sorry about the confusion. We have recently changed certain information that we send to Facebook for stability reasons, so information about what track you're playing/have played on SoundCloud will not be sent to Facebook any longer. This was causing problems due to the large amount of information that was being transmitted.

The current settings page still has this setting, which - admittedly - is quite confusing. We're planning to update the settings page and will make sure that the changes will be reflected on the new design though.

We're sorry for any disappointment this causes, if you have any further feedback on this please let me know - I'd be happy to pass it along to the team.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 3
ye I also tried to see if anything was showing up in timeline and if you goto more app/info you can see soundcloud there but it doesnt show anything when you have linked / made the connection with facebook and soundcloud so yea its best to just provide your profile link on facebook so any users can do directly to your soundcloud profile to see your shared music/uploads, etc.
I'm having the same issue. on my FB profile, under Soundcloud no new uploads are showing up
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm having the same issue. on my FB profile, under Soundcloud no new uploads are showing up
Hi K-Tel,

As mentioned in a different conversation on the same topic, this feature has been deprecated for the moment being. You might still see the setting on your settings/connections page, yet this is due to this page not being ported to the current design yet. Our product team is constantly working on improving connections to other social platforms, so rest assured this is something on our roadmap.

Cheers,
Mathis