Question

Facebook does not render/play soundcloud links/tracks.

Like I said, facebook does not play soundcloud links that is because you guys changed this feature to have more traffic or users to your website. When you share a track on facebook, it was playing perfectly until you change it to 'click and go to soundcloud and listen there + low bandwidh consuption thoughts'. Nobody does that and you lose your loyal premium users instead of hoping new users by a click trick. I'm sorry but this is the fact. I have contacted facebook team about this and they said they have no idea since one of your staff member was saying it was facebook fault. No it is not.

After that I have canceled my pro account and i will not renew it again until it is fixed as well as 15+ other friends as i am frustrated. I'm sure there are many going to join with me on this thread.

If facebook unable to play tracks, there is no point of sharing and making soundcloud advertisement instead of my own track. This is exactly what is happening now with the facebook share system of yours.

Please fix this.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello Alien_Vision,

Thank you for your feedback. I can understand your point of view and will go ahead and forward this to the relevant product team on our end.

All the best
Mathis
Userlevel 2
I want to echo this. I post tracks on our Church FB page. Just yesterday someone came up to me saying that when they click on the link on the FB page they are redirected to a page that says they need to download the app to play the track on their mobile device. It didn't use to be this way. When they clicked on the track it would take them to a soundcloud page where they could still play the track OR they could just click the play button that used to embed itself on our FB page. I am very frustrated that you took these features away. I am not sure why you made these changes but you've severely limited the functionality of SoundCloud for us, and if the problem isn't fixed we will need to cancel our subscription and move to another platform for sharing our audio. Besides the increased upload space, I am not seeing much use for SoundCloud if it cannot make sharing easy for us.
I want to echo this. I post tracks on our Church FB page. Just yesterday someone came up to me saying that when they click on the link on the FB page they are redirected to a page that says they need to download the app to play the track on their mobile device. It didn't use to be this way. When they clicked on the track it would take them to a soundcloud page where they could still play the track OR they could just click the play button that used to embed itself on our FB page. I am very frustrated that you took these features away. I am not sure why you made these changes but you've severely limited the functionality of SoundCloud for us, and if the problem isn't fixed we will need to cancel our subscription and move to another platform for sharing our audio. Besides the increased upload space, I am not seeing much use for SoundCloud if it cannot make sharing easy for us.

Very frustrating. Soundcloud has a mobile version, please show that to the user's who choose "cancel" when asked to download the Soundcloud App in this scenario.
Hello Alien_Vision,

Thank you for your feedback. I can understand your point of view and will go ahead and forward this to the relevant product team on our end.

All the best
Mathis

looks like Product team hasn't figured that out??? IT IS STILL NOT WORKING IN 2019!

I thought I was going crazy. Thank God I found this link. 

So just to clarify. I spent the last 3 months working on an album and hours on an album cover just to find out that when I finally post this project to Facebook, it spits out a super generic add for Soundcloud. Not my music or the album cover?