Question

facebook play button

• 15 January 2015
  • 18 replies

Hello,
I'm trying to share a track on my facebook music page. I copy the url and the preview on facebook show everything correct (the pricture, description and the play button in the middle of the image). My problem is when then I press publish to post on my timeline the track everything is there except for the play button. so people who see my post are unable to play the song they can only click on the image being redirected to soundcloud. please help, thank you

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi florestano,

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately, this is not specific to your track, but the way our embeds currently render on Facebook's artist pages. This is due to a change on their end and our developers are currently looking into ways to get the player to render properly again.

Here's a bit more detail about the behavior of your embed on your artist page:
a) On your page, the player does not render properly. Users who visit your page and click on a track here will be forwarded to SoundCloud.
b) However, that same post also gets pushed to your Facebook-fans' timelines. On their timeline, the player renders properly.
c) When you add a link to a track of yours in a comment under the original post on your artist page, it will render into our player.

Hope this helps to better understand how this works at the moment.

Cheers,
Mathis
Mathis hi, thank you for your answer. clear now, hopefully it will be solved soon. just another thing, when I post a track on facebook on the below part it shows my email address, how to remove it ? attached image, thank you so much

Mathis I'm actually experiencing several issues, about the email address I just wrote you but now for example also on the picture. I changed the picture of this track on soundcloud I posted again on facebook and I always have the old image. thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Sorry about all the troubles. It looks like you had your email address in the description of that track originally, and Facebook had this info in its cache. Caching is usually what's causing this issue actually. Not to worry though, there are a few things you can try to sort this out. We've outlined this step by step here should you ever need to apply and of those. Other then that, our developers are looking for ways to improve this in the future.

For your existing track, I've done the debugging already, so you should be able to share this properly now :-)

Cheers,
Mathis
Mathis, thank you so much, I saw your link for debug yesterday I did but it was not working. I tried now and you're right now I'm not having my email address again. The last issue is that I always have the old picture when I post the track. what can I do ? thank you regards leonardo
Hi florestano,

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately, this is not specific to your track, but the way our embeds currently render on Facebook's artist pages. This is due to a change on their end and our developers are currently looking into ways to get the player to render properly again.

a) On your page, the player does not render properly. Users who visit your page and click on a track here will be forwarded to SoundCloud.
b) However, that same post also gets pushed to your Facebook-fans' timelines. On their timeline, the player renders properly.
c) When you add a link to a track of yours in a comment under the original post on your artist page, it will render into our player.

Cheers,
Mathis

yep still waiting on FB to fix this... sigh
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/solving-facebook-sharing-issues
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Mathis, thank you so much, I saw your link for debug yesterday I did but it was not working. I tried now and you're right now I'm not having my email address again. The last issue is that I always have the old picture when I post the track. what can I do ? thank you regards leonardo
Hi again Leonardo,

Hmm, let's see - when I'm trying to share "Kaiju - Album Preview", it shows the current image (which happens to be the same as your profile image).

Unfortunately, older posts on Facebook won't update. However, new posts should show properly.

Or, am I understanding something wrong and this is about another track of yours?

Let me know and I'll be happy to take another look with you.

Cheers,
Mathis
I had this problem a few month ago. then it was working fine again... BUT since a few days the problem with the missing play-button in FB has reappeared again. aynone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi POW-LOW,

The way this currently works won't render your track into an embedded player on Facebook right away. Rather, it will redirect users to your SoundCloud page. This article on our help center explains things a bit further.
I prefer the old way with the play button.
OK 3 months ago and still the play button is gone and nowhere to be found??? Is it a lost case???
Hi florestano,

Cheers,
Mathis

Whole point to have a appropriate image to go with your pic is so that when you share it, the photo grabs attention. Pointless if nothing works! I'm experiencing the same thing, but nothing is showing on facebook... not the title, not the image, or the blay button...merely a generic link for soundcloud .
Hi florestano,

Cheers,
Mathis

broke still
Userlevel 2
soundcloud been dead everyone moved to hearthis.at
yes I'm thinking of mooving because of the missing "embeded" play button too.
maybe to youtube.
Hi florestano,

Cheers,
Mathis

u have to debug ur link.
Hi florestano,

Cheers,
Mathis

that'll get ur picture working.
Hi florestano,

Cheers,
Mathis

I tried the debug link when the new image I added to a podcast would not display when I link to Facebook. It just keeps displaying the old one. Can anyone help please?