Question

Facebook sharing

• 29 March 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
It used to be possible to share a Soundcloud link on Facebook and have it play back directly from the Facebook page. Now sharing just creates links to the Soundcloud page. Embedding the player on a normal webpage works as expected, trying to embed the HTML code to Facebook doesn't work at all.

How can I get my sounds to play back on Facebook without people having to leave Facebook?

Apologies if this is a duplicate, but searching for "facebook sharing" came up with just under 1500 results.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
You cant,soundcloud have just stuck two fingers up to us all who want this back,but expect us all to stay with them! they dont give a monkeys im afraid!
Userlevel 1
Yup, that's what I figured. Just the fact that there are so many users with these problems without any solutions or official statement tells me that it's probably time to jump ship... It seems they're much more interested in puffing their market value (deals with Universal, Sony) than providing a valuable service their users.

It's a real shame, I really liked SC and have been Pro Unlimited subscriber.
Userlevel 5
Im exactly the same as you,really liked it here too,since they started changing it here a year or two ago,its just gone steadily down the pan! i think there out of there depth with all the changes theyve made,to the point they cant cope any more,god knows why they changed everything,as it was great,also great on youre phone:)
Userlevel 1
Im exactly the same as you,really liked it here too,since they started changing it here a year or two ago,its just gone steadily down the pan! i think there out of there depth with all the changes theyve made,to the point they cant cope any more,god knows why they changed everything,as it was great,also great on youre phone:)
It seems like a classic case of too much growth, too soon. Although that doesn't explain why they have to keep*removing* functionality or breaking things that used to work. Is this Facebook sharing issue really just pure greed? That SC wants to control what the user sees? I know Facebook is trying to do the same thing, but from a user's perspective it's much nicer to be able to play back or preview a tune without leaving Facebook. People just don't like links in Facebook anymore. And with the current SC system, artists get less exposure...
It is a shame that this feature has been removed. A large proportion of my listeners don't want to leave their platform (facebook) to listen. Will this functionality be brought back?