Question

Facebook Sharing – image size/display

• 14 December 2015
  • 8 replies

Hi!

when I try to share a track on Facebook the Soundcloud cover image is not fully displayed. It’s just cut off with no zoom and only shows the middle of the image.
I tried different image sizes (280x280, 500x500, 800x800 pixel) but nothing changes. Facebook debugging also didn’t work.

Is there any way to fix this or any workaround?

Thanks for any help.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Sid,

Sorry to hear that. Hmm, have you compared the way your images zooms / does not zoom with other users tracks? Using Facebook's debugging tool is usually the best way to get FB to refresh their cashes (not sure if you tried that, or the ?123 workaround).

Let us know how this goes.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis!

Thanks for your answer. To illustrate the problem:

This is he link to the track: https://soundcloud.com/sid-key/higher

And this is how it’d look like if I’d have shared it on Facebook: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151217/kj6ljr5t.png

What I’ve tried so far:

1. I uploaded the same image in different resolutions (280x280, 500x500, 800x800) and tried to share it using the share-button. Using different resolutions didn’t change anything. They all look the same (like in the picture above)

2. I also tried sharing via phone. Same result, nothing changes.

3. I tried Facebook debugging for all share links, no changes.

4. I tried the 123-workaround, no changes.

5. I tried debugging the 123-link, no changes.

This is completely unsatisfying and I didn’t share the track on Facebook publicly yet because it really looks unprofessional. Also, I just discovered that this problems occurs with any other track I’d like to share.

Any help?

Sid
addition: when I click on "GraphAPI" at the bottom of the Facebook debugging site the following message is displayed:
"error": { "message": "An access token is required to request this resource.", "type": "OAuthException", "code": 104, "fbtrace_id": "H3AHlvyZDUx"
Hello??? No answer? I'm paying for SoundCloud!
3 months you left him hanging? Im having the same issue its really annoying can you advise something other than the debugger? that's nothing to do with it. Why does it need such a large file when it dont allow that size picture to show anyway? Im resizing and nothing is working.... it would all be fine if you left the external player alone on facebook instead of making people click away.
that's amazing how SC can be unresponsive to issues paid members have.
Why is there no answer on this??
WHY IS THERE NO ANSWER HERE WHAT THE HELL