Question

Fake Accounts Reposting Music

• 19 February 2015
  • 6 replies

So many accounts just being used to silicate sound cloud followers always repost my music. It really wouldn't be a problem, but I don't want people to think I am using this to get attention to my music.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Fox,

Thanks for writing into the help forum. I am sorry you are experiencing this. Our entire team is aware of this issue and we have a dedicated Trust and Safety team that is working on this issue. You can find out more about this problem here.

Again, we really feel for you and all other affected by this spam. We will update the community as soon as we have an update.

Best,
Gina
I agree. I have had about 30 in 1 hour on most days. They are doing my head in. I feel that soundcloud should charge a small fee to join in order to stop this spamming. Even if it is only 1pence / cent. It would certainly help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I agree. I have had about 30 in 1 hour on most days. They are doing my head in. I feel that soundcloud should charge a small fee to join in order to stop this spamming. Even if it is only 1pence / cent. It would certainly help.
Thanks for the feedback Hectichector!

-G
i agree with hectichector
Just like any criminal network someone is creating these fake accounts not for the sake of music but for the sake of profiting off of new and upcoming artist who don't know any better. Everything online is turning into a scam.
Userlevel 1
PLEASE SOMEONE do somthing about this awful behaviour https://soundcloud.com/user-486667827/become-famous-right-now-follow-instructions