Question

Geo Blocking

• 18 September 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi to any mods that are listening.
I recently received dozens of emails from fans expressing their frustration at not being able to listen to my music. Why is Soundcloud geoblocking my music ??? I am a Pro user who pays Soundcloud to host my music and you have the cheek to block my music all over Europe ? Is this what I'm paying you for ? I don't earn a penny from Soundcloud. YOU ARE TAKING MONEY FROM ME !!!!!!! AND BLOCKING MY MUSIC.... Fix it !

9 replies

We have the same problem with a random selection of our tracks. We have tried tech support. Nothing. Extremely frustrated! Another Pro Account user paying to be ignored!
Hi there Syd,

Thanks for being so persistent. I've taken your case to our engineers and account managers and it looks like this one was indeed an odd case. Your tracks can now be accessed across the globe again.

@Oorlab, thank you for jumping on this one and testing - much appreciated! Can you confirm this is now working again for you?

All the best to you,
Mathis
Could you help me Mathis I've made a topic I'm having a similar issue my music is unavailable in Canada where I am from. I really need my music to be available globally. I'm not sure if it's specifically unavailable in Canada or other places worldwide as well.
I have the same issue that syd has I don't know if it's unavailable in Europe but, it's unavailable in Canada my home country, I've lost followers and my plays have plummeted because of this @Mathis if you could fix this I would be so happy.
Userlevel 1
Thank you. Finally someone listened
Yes Mathis, it's all working again
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Syd,

Thanks for being so persistent. I've taken your case to our engineers and account managers and it looks like this one was indeed an odd case. Your tracks can now be accessed across the globe again.

@Oorlab, thank you for jumping on this one and testing - much appreciated! Can you confirm this is now working again for you?

All the best to you,
Mathis
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Syd, - this is a community forum . I guess posting here is not counting as contacting support. But you should try contact@soundcloud.com or the form on this page http://youraccount.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2105367-it-says-my-account-is-frozen...#
Userlevel 1
Anyone there ? Is anyone listening ? Fix this problem or give me a refund and I will close my account.
Userlevel 1
I am not happy with soundcloud. They can't even be bothered to answer me. I am a paying member and this is how I get treated. Europeans are my biggest listeners and now they can't access my music. Maybe it's time for a change.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Indeed - i can confirm that it is your music and not some mixtape - and that "Not available in Netherlands" is on the track. So this needs to be reported to soundcloud support.