Question

Hi, my account won't let me send messages. i did not get any block warnings! is it a block? how long will it last?

• 16 December 2014
  • 11 replies

Hi. My account won't let me send private messages before. I saw this could be because of spamming, but i did not get any warning of this so it is extremely inconvenient considering i just posted a new track. Is it a block? and if so, how long will it last? Thanks, Gracie

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there Gracie,

Thanks for posting. I've just looked into this for you and there is indeed a block on your account, which will automatically be released in 7 hours. You should have been warned about this though.

To learn more about why we need to have blocks in place in the first place, please take a look at this article on our help center: http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1001356

Cheers,
Mathis
HI mathis,

Thanks for answering. i was never warned about it, i do understand the policy but a warning would have been nice, i have just released a new track and i am not able to promote it, and now people are sending me messages and i have no way of answering... is there no way of speeding up this process?

I feel that although i may have copy pasted a bit, I did it to my followers and people that have commented and liked my tracks. I had no idea this could happen and i feel like soundcloud is responsible for not warning me when they say they will !

Cheers
Gracie x
Hi there, recently, most of my mixes were blocked, do to copyrights. In one of them, apparently I did not have rights to use the particular track, and I know for sure, the title of that track was not even in my mix. To be frank, I am not happy at all. I am a premium user, and now, seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there, recently, most of my mixes were blocked, do to copyrights. In one of them, apparently I did not have rights to use the particular track, and I know for sure, the title of that track was not even in my mix. To be frank, I am not happy at all. I am a premium user, and now, seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription.
Hi Amir,

I'm sorry this is causing you frustration and I understand your disappointment. It does sound like your comment doesn't actually apply to the topic of this conversation.

For your particular issue, I do recommend to get in touch with our copyright team direclty here to see how they can help most efficiently.

Thank you and all the best,
Mathis
Hey there Gracie,

Thanks for posting. I've just looked into this for you and there is indeed a block on your account, which will automatically be released in 7 hours. You should have been warned about this though.

To learn more about why we need to have blocks in place in the first place, please take a look at this article on our help center: http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1001356

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Mathis
I didn't know that too..
can you tell me when i will can to send PMs again..
It is important
I have read that some of my messages will not be delivered.. How can I know now to which artist i must write again

Cheers,
Martin
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey there Gracie,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Martin,

You may send messages again. Keep your messaging activity appropriate please :)

Cheers,
Gina
Hey there Gracie,

Cheers,
Mathis

I can't send any either and I've never sent a message?
Hey,
I'm having the same problem. Any help Mathis?
Hey same thing is happening to me any reason why?
I know this was a while ago but im having the same problem with my musicly i cant message people on musicly and i didnt do anything wrong please helpp
I am having the same issue of not being able to message someone and I’m brand new to the app I have 50videos but still brand new and I’d like to know what can be done to be able to message someone