Answered

How can I upload a remix to a song?

• 9 February 2015
  • 1 reply

I am trying to upload a remix I made of the song "Sleepless" by Flume, and when I uploaded it to SoundCloud, it took the song down because of Copyrights. I was wondering how I can fix this to upload my remix? I have seen other DJ's upload their remixes of other peoples songs, and I was wondering how I can as well?
icon

Best answer by djraveinpeace 9 February 2015, 11:17

HI R A Hunt,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

Unfortunately, copyright queries can't be handled directly on these forums as it is a very tricky area & you will need the advice of someone who knows all of the ins and out & can best advise you. Fortunately Soundcloud has a copyrights team who will be happy to answer your query, you can contact them by filling out the contact form here:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/emails/new

I can understand that you see other remixes uploaded but you need to bear in mind some may be remixes commissioned by the original artist or their label, there by the remixer is "official"" or the remixer may have obtained the correct permission to release the remix, some may, naturally "slip through the net" but its difficult to make a sweeping statement about all other remixes that are uploaded to soundcloud.

As I said above, it's a tricky field to navigate & the copyrights team are the best people to seek advice from in this instance.

I hope that helps

Regards

DJ R.I.P
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
HI R A Hunt,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

Unfortunately, copyright queries can't be handled directly on these forums as it is a very tricky area & you will need the advice of someone who knows all of the ins and out & can best advise you. Fortunately Soundcloud has a copyrights team who will be happy to answer your query, you can contact them by filling out the contact form here:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/emails/new

I can understand that you see other remixes uploaded but you need to bear in mind some may be remixes commissioned by the original artist or their label, there by the remixer is "official"" or the remixer may have obtained the correct permission to release the remix, some may, naturally "slip through the net" but its difficult to make a sweeping statement about all other remixes that are uploaded to soundcloud.

As I said above, it's a tricky field to navigate & the copyrights team are the best people to seek advice from in this instance.

I hope that helps

Regards

DJ R.I.P