Question

How do I stop Soundcloud's advertising on my song's embed's

• 12 January 2015
  • 15 replies

• Booker*
  • 1 reply
Private-Sharing-Embed: After playing a song on my playlist, Soundcloud inserts their own :5 advertising for the Soundcloud platform while starting to play the next song. And thus hi-jacking the controls for five seconds. If I upgrade to a Pro account, will this go away, or does Soundcloud still insert their own advertisements between songs. This is very annoying and unprofessional for my clients. I can understand on a free account, but this should not be there on a pro account. Yet, I do not see any discussion or articles about this anywhere. Can you please explain and advise? Thank you.

15 replies

Userlevel 5
I have no idea. But wanted to say that since this forum here is a community drive one, You might wanna ask this question in the 'help center' as I believe there you will be answered by soundcloud employees . just saying. Cuz I for example never even heard of them inserting advertising like that.
Greets.
IK
Userlevel 5
Actually I was wrong. I just got one of my own questions answered by a sc representative on this forum, it just took a few days...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Actually I was wrong. I just got one of my own questions answered by a sc representative on this forum, it just took a few days...
We're trying to get quicker on the replies - We're currently not working over the weekend, which is why you might have to wait a bit longer over the weekend if it is a question that only SoundCloud representatives can reply. Sorry about that.

Now, back to the topic -@Yo - please review this article on our Help Center for context why you would have heard an audio ad. Hope this helps and provides some context!

If you have further questions around this, I'd indeed say write in to us via the contact form for the most efficient assistance.
Hi Mathis, thank you for the reply. What is happening is different than what Soundcloud is telling people. This may not be intentional, I understand that there have been some management changes recently at Soundcloud. But, here is the quote from the Help Center link that you provided: "No. Ads will not be placed on your tracks without your explicit consent."

Nonetheless, advertising appears in my embeds on my music. I am not part of any revenue share program at Soundcloud. So, this is in violation of Soundcloud's rules, "The Basics."

All that being said, please allow me to give some leadership advice. Please provide a paid version of Soundcloud that does not have any advertising in it. This will solve this problem, and yes, we (professionals) will pay. Because unwelcome ads are lame in the professional environment. In the meantime, I'll be headed elsewhere. Be advised, Soundcloud is not "the only game in town." Just say'n. Ball is in your court.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Yo,

Thank you for your input here. I'll make sure to run this by the relevant team - However, I'd like to make sure we're on the same page here. Can you send over the link to your website where you have the embed? I'd like to reproduce this from over here.

Also, any chance you can spare details about the track that played between yours?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis
I don't think he is talking about an audio advert, Mathis. Souncloud plaster their printed advert over the mp3 player, and the listener has to get rid of it before playing the track. If I get a pro account, will this go away?!!
and a link to my page to show you
http://kinkydove.com/music/
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Kinky Dove,

Ah - thanks for clarifying. The interstitial (http://cl.ly/image/461c3n0X1c0n) can actually be disabled when you're on the Pro Unlimited plan.

Sorry about the confusion here. Hope this helps to shed some light on this.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
How can the "interstitial" be disabled? Am on Pro unlimited and I get it too.
http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2015/10/soundcloud-community-disappearing/
The core users are NOT happy. I'm tremendously sad... This was a favorite site of mine for a very long time... I'm tired of always having to switch up because of some sell out motives. -Ex Core User
Thanks a lot soundcloud... keep your smoking ads to yo self 2¢
I'm happy to pay a subscription service but can't have ads go off during my spin classes. How do we remove?
This defeats the purpose of the autoplay option for the embedded playlist, honestly speaking.

Isn't that the purpose of embedding the playlist, to have music playing automatically on the site?

Some users will pay, but how about the users (and non-users) that shared someone else's playlist? They can't pay to remove those ads...

No person checking out a blog will bother clicking an ad, just to play music that they are not even aware exists on the site (not aware because it didn't play in the first place).

I think the autoplay function might get SoundCloud better attention than the ads that hinder it.

I hope this gets sorted out for everyone. I actually like using SoundCloud.