Question

I can't embed tracks or playlist to my wordpress site

• 7 April 2015
  • 6 replies

I can't embed tracks or playlist to my wordpress site. I hit "share" then I check off "wordpress" I copy the code and paste it into my wordpress site under 'new post'. Then I paste the code. All that shows up in post is the code. This is the code I paste in my site

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/96201285"; params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Infinite,

Can you please take a look here for common troubleshooting tips about posting to Wordpress, Let me know if you try it out and the problems persists.

Best,
Gina
I am having exactly the same issue and it appears only to affect my own playlists, not when I test embed others'. The link above does not address this problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I am having exactly the same issue and it appears only to affect my own playlists, not when I test embed others'. The link above does not address this problem.
Hi nerdtastica,

Hmm, let's see - can you link us to your WordPress page please? Also, do you currently have an embed on there (even if only the embed code seems to be showing)? This will help us troubleshooting this from here.

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: One thing that I've experiencing before is that with some themes, it seems like there needs to be some text outside of the embed code on your WordPress post to have the embedded player render properly. Maybe that's already a hint in the right direction?
Hey! I'm having a problem and soundcloud isn't giving me the option to embed my new playlist on my wordpress blog, though it lets me for older playlists?

jess
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey! I'm having a problem and soundcloud isn't giving me the option to embed my new playlist on my wordpress blog, though it lets me for older playlists?

jess

Hey Jess,

I did some research on the playlist, and it looks like 02 Bleed by We Are The Ocean and "RUIN" by SOLEMN SUN cannot be embedded (because the original uploader chose so). Thus, once you remove these two tracks from your playlist, you should be able to see the embed tab properly.

Can you try that and let us know how it went?

Cheers
Mathis

jess

I am not able to the same with my NX-ZIBIT. Can you tell me why?