Answered

I can't repost tracks?

Really, from time to time I really love to push some old songs to the top of my page, since there's no "bump" function or anything, I've always resorted to re-reposting. For quite some time now that hasn't been working UNLESS you spam the living daylights out of the repost button ( 4/5 times ). Well, I keep getting blocked now. Now I can't repost tracks for 24 hours, and this keeps increasing. It's driving me nuts.

How does one, in this day and age, bump an old track to the top of his/her page?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 12 April 2017, 17:30

Hi there,

Sorry about any confusion. There was an outage of our repost system yesterday & last night actually, which caused for some reposts to not show properly. This is different from the fact that reposts will only get pushed to the top of your followers' Streams the first time you're reposting it. (i.e., unreposting in order to re-repost it will now cause for the track to show in its previous position).

The bug that caused the outage has now been fixed and things should be back to normal.

Hope this helps clarifying the issue.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

15 replies

posts are stagnat after first repost. if un-reposted then reposted they stay at the same place in the feed even if you repost other posts before the particular one in testing. help is this normal? I want to be able to change the order of the posts on my page
Userlevel 1
Hey there,
I'm having a problem where I can't repost any tracks...
I've reposted in the past with ease but now I'm unable too
It says that it's been reposted, but in reality when I go onto my profile the song/s aren't there?

I logged out and back in again and there seemed to be a temporary fix, but 10 minutes later I'm stuck in the same situation...

Any ideas? And can this bug be fixed please?

Thanks
same issue homie.
same issue for me as well
Userlevel 1
At least I know I'm not the only one!
You'd expect Soundcloud's features to all be working though... Especially if you're paying for an account 😕
Same here on Owl Future
yeah its happening to me too. i think its just a temporary bug bro.
my reposts havent been showing since last night
Since 14 hours this bug is present
hopefully soundcloud fixes this issue. its extremely odd.
It`s really sad but true, soundcloud does this on purpose! They say that reposting is spammy behavior, which in some rare cases is true, but what did we all do with someone who was reposting to much? we simply unfollowed him. wow wasn`t that easy? WE DON`T NEED YOUR NEW "FEATURE" STOPP TELLING US THAT YOU DO IT FOR US! YOU DON`T!
posts are stagnat after first repost. if un-reposted then reposted they stay at the same place in the feed even if you repost other posts before the particular one in testing. help is this normal? I want to be able to change the order of the posts on my page

whats wrong soundcloud?? 10 days no reply ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about any confusion. There was an outage of our repost system yesterday & last night actually, which caused for some reposts to not show properly. This is different from the fact that reposts will only get pushed to the top of your followers' Streams the first time you're reposting it. (i.e., unreposting in order to re-repost it will now cause for the track to show in its previous position).

The bug that caused the outage has now been fixed and things should be back to normal.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

Dear Mathis,

I really appreciate your motivation to answer all these requests, but honestly read again this quote:
wastedornah wrote:

and now read again your answer, I`m sorry to say that, but you did not at all help to clearify the issue!