I can't share private tracks from the iPhone

• 2 January 2015
  • 47 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi John,

Sorry about the confusion on this one - this currently isn't possible over the iPhone app. I'll forward your concern around this to the mobile team though no doubt.

Cheers,
Mathis

47 replies

Userlevel 1
Thanks for your answer Mathis, I hope that the next version has good news for iphone users. Also I have tried it in Android and the issue happens there too.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for your answer Mathis, I hope that the next version has good news for iphone users. Also I have tried it in Android and the issue happens there too.

Regards

Thanks for the follow up John - this has been forwarded to the mobile team. :-)

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Well is a shame what I am going to say but I have installed the updated that appear today in the AppStore for soundcloud and the issue has not been fixed, I can not share private tracks and playlist from my iphone 😞 maybe I should think in another app like soundcloud
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Well is a shame what I am going to say but I have installed the updated that appear today in the AppStore for soundcloud and the issue has not been fixed, I can not share private tracks and playlist from my iphone 😞 maybe I should think in another app like soundcloud
Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback. If you would like to let out mobile team know that this is the most important feature missing from the app then feel free to let them know by making an official feature request.

Best wishes,
Gina
Userlevel 1
Hi Gina,

Thanks for the quickly response.

The option to share privates tracks is not a new feature due it was available in the past for previous versions but when the App was updated to 3.0.0 version I could not share privates tracks anymore.

I do not know if that option is important for another person but I used it a lot, in my case it is a great function sometimes you only want that some selected people can access your music.

Now, the point that I would like to know if this function is going to be available for the next versions or if it has changed due some security/restriction in iOS where he do not allow to share private tracks.

Thanks.
Userlevel 3
Ye same here even the playlists I wanted to share privately to other people could not see it unless they were actually following me so now I had to make all my playlists public so basically I just provide them with the profile link now.
I tried to work around this by signing in via m.soundcloud.com and soundcloud.com in Safari but was not able to share from the mobile site and was booted out of the desktop site upon login. This is a BASIC functionality that mobile soundcloud users need. Please update!! Thanks-AE
Userlevel 1
Hello SoundCloud team,

I do not know why you put this case as "solved", this is incorrect, the issue is continue happening and as you see the previous comments there are more people with the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello SoundCloud team,

I do not know why you put this case as "solved", this is incorrect, the issue is continue happening and as you see the previous comments there are more people with the same.

Hi John, for organisational reasons, I have now changed this to a question - since sharing of private tracks currently isn't a feature we provide. This is not to say it is not a "problem" per se - we understand that.

Cheers
Mathis
Hello SoundCloud team,

Man but that's not a "question", it's a "complaint". We pay for our soundcloud pro accounts for professional reason and basically can't use it on the go! Only from a desktop.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello SoundCloud team,

Hi Runtomerun,

I guess the use of "problem" and "question" help forum is negotiable and not always decisive. However, I'd say let's focus here - (devil's advocate voice on) sharing private tracks via mobile devices is not a feature that you're paying for (soundcloud.com/pro) (devil's advocate voice off).

I can 100% relate to your query. Rest assured our developers are working hard to improve the experience of all SoundCloud users further, and we've made sure to pass on your feedback to the mobile product team already. To enforce your desire of private mobile sharing, I can only encourage you to send the team an email here to make this an official feature request, which we can currently best gather when they're submitted via email. Feel free to let the team know we referred you from the help forum :-)

All the best to you,
Mathis
Userlevel 1
I have been a member for 3.5 years. I very much enjoyed being able to execute sharing private files when I am away from my computer! I miss this function on more than a daily basis. It seems you could at the very least make it possible to run the app in desktop mode! Or do the developers just suggest we email people the private file and not use soundcloud for this service...!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I have been a member for 3.5 years. I very much enjoyed being able to execute sharing private files when I am away from my computer! I miss this function on more than a daily basis. It seems you could at the very least make it possible to run the app in desktop mode! Or do the developers just suggest we email people the private file and not use soundcloud for this service...!
Hi Sing The Wind,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand how this feature is missing in your daily routines, especially when you used to be able to do just that - such things can be super frustrating! Rest assured, our developers are working on the app and the mobile experience around the clock, and your report has just been forwarded :-)

Thank you for your patience about this, it is much appreciated!

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1

Regards

Why remove features? I don't understand. This was a key feature for collaboration for me. Now lost.
Userlevel 1
It always baffles me when developers remove obviously useful functionality from an app for no apparent reason. Was there a reason that you can point to? BTW I'm a developer myself.
Userlevel 1
Hi team,

Any news about this?

I have updated the version to 3..8.1 a couple of weeks ago but this feature is not appearing yet, the option to share private tracks for iphone app, is it going to be possible

Regards.
I have to echo the other guys on here. The private link / playlist link share feature on the app is so important for me as a producer / label.
So many times I'll be on the road and need to share draft mix but can't get the link. Same goes for your mobile site. Seems like a crazy thing to omit from the iPhone app...especially given that old versions used to allow it?
What's the reasoning? Marketing strategies or something?
I never ever write these kind of things, and there's definitely a few mates I've heard moan about it too...so just letting you know, more people than you think might be wondering why you've chopped that feature...(which is kind of the main reason I use soundcloud)

Let me know if you can fix it.
Nice one,
Joe
Hi John,

Sorry about the confusion on this one - this currently isn't possible over the iPhone app. I'll forward your concern around this to the mobile team though no doubt.

Cheers,
Mathis

I hope they fix this soon. I pay a lot of money for my Pro service and i feel like i'm getting jipt left an right.

Regards

I agree I'm Pissed
I'm going to join the growing chorus on this issue. I'm furious that i pay a crazy ransom every year for childish features. I'm so Upset that the hard earned money i paid get's me less features and a childish ux than what i pay for less expensive alternatives.

I want private track sharing, High quality lossless playback streaming and cache abilities, cache tracks of my choosing for travel outside of connected areas and more!! man this service is soooooooooooo sub-par. i wish someone would copy the simple player design and make the service better and more robust.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I'm going to join the growing chorus on this issue. I'm furious that i pay a crazy ransom every year for childish features. I'm so Upset that the hard earned money i paid get's me less features and a childish ux than what i pay for less expensive alternatives.

I want private track sharing, High quality lossless playback streaming and cache abilities, cache tracks of my choosing for travel outside of connected areas and more!! man this service is soooooooooooo sub-par. i wish someone would copy the simple player design and make the service better and more robust.

Hi Interiordestinations,

Feature (or lack there of) feedback is collected, counted, and taken into consideration here: https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/about-feature-requests.

Thanks,
Gina
when did you guys remove the upload option on android phones?
I suddenly find I can no longer upload sound clips from my phone to Soundcloud. Instead the share option leads to a record screen which asks for a new recording to be created.

If the intention is to discourage users from sharing their stored sound clips you guys are doing a great job. However I might start looking for another option to share my sound clips easily.

Thanks
Hi John,

Cheers,
Mathis

Please fix it?? Please??
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
when did you guys remove the upload option on android phones?
I suddenly find I can no longer upload sound clips from my phone to Soundcloud. Instead the share option leads to a record screen which asks for a new recording to be created.

If the intention is to discourage users from sharing their stored sound clips you guys are doing a great job. However I might start looking for another option to share my sound clips easily.

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion. We're looking into ways to revert the changes about this feautre in a future version.
Userlevel 1

Regards

Yes, I've never understood developers removing features from an app. Only if they were causing some issue could I see it, but I don't see how this would have.