I can't share private tracks from the iPhone

• 2 January 2015
  • 47 replies

Show first post

47 replies

Hi John,

Sorry about the confusion on this one - this currently isn't possible over the iPhone app. I'll forward your concern around this to the mobile team though no doubt.

Cheers,
Mathis

They'll never fix it, it's been like this for close to a year. They're more focused on the new promotional services they get paid for. Loud ads n between songs.
Thanks for your answer Mathis, I hope that the next version has good news for iphone users. Also I have tried it in Android and the issue happens there too.

Regards

They don't care.
Hello SoundCloud team,

I do not know why you put this case as "solved", this is incorrect, the issue is continue happening and as you see the previous comments there are more people with the same.

That is entirely untrue Mathis. It was a feature of the platform and it has since been removed.

Granted, it was not a pro-only feature but the pint here is that people pay a lot of money for a supposedly professional platform. When you (soundcloud) remove features that are vital to the professional use of the platform it is a valid concern for subscribers.

Perhaps it would pay to try and stick to solving your subscribers issues instead of being patronizing and splitting hairs about insignificant points.
Userlevel 1
Hello SoundCloud team,

I do not know why you put this case as "solved", this is incorrect, the issue is continue happening and as you see the previous comments there are more people with the same.

Agreed... As professionals in audio streaming use iOS devices to manage our content on the go. There is no possible reason to restrict us from people like myself that are paying for your monthly service and the service that included this ability when we signed up . I've been waiting for this to be fixed for about a year and a half WTF!!!???
Userlevel 1
Hello Mathis, Gina,

I am really annoying, really sad that the problem that I have wrote here 7 months ago is still happening. Today I have updated to 3.11.0 version and I still can not share private tracks with my iPhone. I work as developer and I know that sometimes this kind of things could be take some months but I have 7 months waiting for a reasonable answer and at the moment it seems that anybody really matter about it.

I repeat again, this was a functionality that Soundcloud had in the past and for some astral razon it was disabled.
When are you guys gonna stop avoiding the issue and address this concern. If you carry on not really answering the question (which was asked months ago) then eventually someone will invent a solution that people want and start eating into your share of this market. I really miss this feature. It is a real pain to have to use a pc to share private tracks. I have emailed all the links to my private tracks to myself so that I can get round your having reduced your own app's functionality. How clunky and antiquated does that sound as a solution. Come on. Listen to your customers!!
Hi John,

Sorry about the confusion on this one - this currently isn't possible over the iPhone app. I'll forward your concern around this to the mobile team though no doubt.

Cheers,
Mathis

This was my primary method of sending messages to my family. I dont understand the mindset of the developers
Hi John,

Cheers,
Mathis

Soundcloud iPhone app is still the same!!! The old version was so much better, coming from someone who needs it for the progression in my career editing things while on the move is important and with the current app it's not possible without been on a desktop browser, this needs to be changed!!
Userlevel 1
Hi John,

Cheers,
Mathis

Well dude, I think this option does not matter for the "developers", never answered with a razonable justification. I posted this more than one year ago and at moment any fix for a problem, I am agree with you the old version was better, it is a shame because we are living in an era where you need to do everything from one device, but well that seems they are thinking to improve the app for the first Nokia device jajajaja
Can't do this from Android either. It's a super basic function. Soundcloud, get your shit together.
This is still missing. Links to pages where one could provide feedback by email don't have an email option. Very disappointing.
Still not showing up......What's going on. I've almost had a car accident.
I'm still not able to share private tracks to social media (Whatsapp) via the Share icon in Android. The button is there, but it is non-functional.
Userlevel 1
I'm still not able to share private tracks to social media (Whatsapp) via the Share icon in Android. The button is there, but it is non-functional.
My friend and maybe this function never more works, that seems our comments are not listened for the soundcloud "developers" team, they do not care.
i have ipad not iPhone
Userlevel 1
so? in iPad works correctly right ? the problem is with smartphones
this is a huge oversight. are your engineers on cracking? they should be fired. fix this asap!!
Two tears since original post. Still can't share private tracks from iOS app.
Hi all I have found a way to share private links... SoundCloud have an app called SoundCloud Pulse (not sure for Android but on iOS at least), from there login and go to the little tab at the bottom with the list image. From there click your track and then click the box with an arrow going from the middle out upwards and click share and ta-da you can click copy and it copies the link.

Image Guide: https://imgur.com/a/VvkXB

Finally this is solved.
Userlevel 1
Hi! This is NOT SOLVED !
Since we still CANNOT SHARE A PRIVATE PLAYLIST from our Iphone.

Please Soundcloud teams, can you move on ?
3 years it has been pointed out !!!