Answered

Is there a difference in the audio quality of embedded Soundcloud tracks versus the audio quality of tracks on the Soundcloud site itself?

• 23 September 2015
  • 2 replies

I've heard a few songs recently both embedded and on Soundcloud that I could swear sound higher quality when embedded on other websites using Soundcloud's player vs. on Soundcloud itself. Does the player use a different codec or something? Am I just nuts?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 24 September 2015, 12:06

Hey hey,

I'm sure you're not "just nuts". Maybe a bit cray cray but hey, aren't we all?! 😉

Seriously though: The embedded player does not use a different encoder for the track you (or others) have uploaded.

All of our uploads are encoded into 128kbps mp3 audio files for the purpose of streaming.

Any chance you have an example URL for a track & site where this is embedded where you feel the quality differs? I'd be happy to give this a listen myself.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

I'm sure you're not "just nuts". Maybe a bit cray cray but hey, aren't we all?! 😉

Seriously though: The embedded player does not use a different encoder for the track you (or others) have uploaded.

All of our uploads are encoded into 128kbps mp3 audio files for the purpose of streaming.

Any chance you have an example URL for a track & site where this is embedded where you feel the quality differs? I'd be happy to give this a listen myself.

Cheers
Mathis
I think it is not. But I think it should not be because it affects people who visit our website. Mysite used to do the same and received a lot of negative feedback so I removed it