Question

Issue sharing SoundCloud link

• 15 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi

I am having troubles when sharing my private SoundCloud link with other people, as in some cases they are unable to play the song I share with them. In fact, the song link, which I am able to play, doesn’t always work despite the fact that I have successfully uploaded the song on my SoundCloud account as private link. Why does this happen?

Ex. I copy and paste the link of my song and send it to another person and this person is unable to play it.

Thank you very much for your attention and help

Matteo

1 reply

@Libertini 

Sorry to hear this,

it sounds like you could have a Facebook caching issue, not a problem with SoundCloud. But the solution is usually quite easy 🙂 

Go to the Facebook Object Debugger, paste in your SoundCloud song link, and click 'Show existing scape information' -- scroll down until you see the image. If it is still showing your 'big face' with the song, click 'Fetch new scape information' on the same link. It will force Facebook to update their cache and replace your 'big face' with your new image.

Go back to Facebook and paste in the same song link in the 'Write Something' box and you should see the correct image now (or once you post it). I've had to do this several times over the last few months and there's no pattern to when it needs to be done. Facebook is a mysterious machine sometimes 🙂