Question

Linking to Multiple Points in Time in the Same Embedded Audio File

• 6 January 2015
  • 1 reply

I understand that one can create a link to a specific point in time in a piece of audio.

However, does anyone know if there is a way to create a link, or multiple links, within a blog post that when clicked plays at a given point in time through a single embedded Soundcloud file in a blog post?

For example, let's say you embed a full interview in a blog post, but you want to link to specific parts of said interview that play through that one embedded clip (so a reader isn't constantly linked outside the post). Is there a way to accomplish this?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for posting - I like the idea, however I'm afraid this is currently not an option. There's a list of parameters you can use available on our developer pages here. I guess what I'd do is this: I'd split the different parts of the interview up in various parts. This way you can add the particular parts to your blog post. If you want to have them all available in one place, you can still create a playlist and add all of the different parts to it.

Just a thought, maybe it helps.

Cheers,
Mathis