Question

Podcast email notifications (on new episodes)

• 27 January 2015
  • 4 replies

I follow the Cox n' Crendor Show here and have incoming tracks checked in my email notification settings. However, I've never received email notifications on new episodes from them, leading me to believe that the setting is used for something unrelated. Checking their page daily has been a pain, because they post a small number of episodes a month. Am I missing something, or is there really no way to receive email notifications on new tracks?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

Thanks for visiting the Help Forum and apologies for the inconvenience. We're currently experiencing a delay in our email notification system. We're switching over to another system soon and this should help with this issue.

If you do not appear to have received an email from us please check your spam folder. Adding mailer@soundcloudmail.com to your address book in your email settings will also help assure our mail isn't identified as spam.

We hope to have this resolved very soon and thank you for your patience,
Gina
Hi there,

Thanks for visiting the Help Forum and apologies for the inconvenience. We're currently experiencing a delay in our email notification system. We're switching over to another system soon and this should help with this issue.

If you do not appear to have received an email from us please check your spam folder. Adding mailer@soundcloudmail.com to your address book in your email settings will also help assure our mail isn't identified as spam.

Gina

They are not being marked as spam by Gmail; I review new spam as soon as it comes in to make sure it is actually spam, like a sane human being. Can you confirm that this is a situation in which an email notification is even sent? That is to say, should clicking "follow" on the Cox n' Crendor Show's stream page be enough to receive email notifications on new episodes, or is that simply not something that notifications are sent for?

The cookie cutter response from the FAQ really doesn't help here.
Hi there,

Gina

I didn't even know you you can subscribe for automatic email notifications. how does this work with soundcloud?
Hi there,

Gina

I didn't even know you you can subscribe for automatic email notifications. how does this work with soundcloud?