Question

Posting on Facebook with broken image link - debugging not working

• 23 May 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,

Posting a Soundcloud link on FB is giving me an empty image square with a broken image symbol for the preview. I've followed this help:

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003567908-Track-or-playlist-not-embedding-properly-on-Facebook

but the problem persists. It also gives me 24 'warnings' in the Open Graph Object Debugger section, mostly do with twitter. Am I missing something? I wonder if it's to do with the way I filled out the metadata on my track - I haven't done that with other tracks in the past.

Thanks!

3 replies

Same here!!! I have to post my new Mixtape and I can't do that without the picture!! did you solve it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

It looks like no one from the Help Community has had the chance to get back to you yet. Is this still an issue for you? Please note that the debugger won't fix previous posts - only after debugging & scraping, then posting the link on Facebook again it will show up properly.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi, thanks for checking in. I don't recall which of my tracks I was trying to share so I'm not sure if it's better or not.

I just managed to post one from a little while ago (quite possibly one that gave me issues) and it's fine and functional, with the preview. Didn't need to scrub it but then I'm not sure if it was the problematic one or not.

I'll post again if I run into frustrations

Thanks,
Eli