Private Playlist issues when sharing link

• 21 December 2017
  • 81 replies

Userlevel 1
I created a playlist and set tracks and playlist to Private. I tried to share playlist via share link; however, when link is opened it displays Empty Playlist. This playlist doesn't have any tracks.

81 replies

I created a playlist and set tracks and playlist to Private. I tried to share playlist via share link; however, when link is opened it displays Empty Playlist. This playlist doesn't have any tracks.

Did you ever resolve this issue ?
I'm having the exact same issue. I sent the album's secret link to a few friends, and more than one person responded that no tracks show up.

See photo one of them sent me as reference. This is the link I sent them: https://soundcloud.com/kevinlandcreative/sets/rebel-city-egt/s-wUpxF
Userlevel 1

Did you ever resolve this issue ?

NO
My playlist are not showing up for people either. When they click on my link, they get the very
first track I posted, which is of a young girl, not me, singing. Nothing seems to be showing up for some people. I made the playlist private, but I'm supposed to be able to share it, and it's not working to link it to FB.
Hello? Is there anyone with soundcloud who can resolve this issue? I see a lot of people with it (including myself) and there doesn't seem to be any solution. The especially unusual nature of it is that when I send the link through facebook or instagram, the tracks display normally. But if you click on it from an email, it says the playlist is empty. Does anybody have a solution?
I am also experiencing this issue, along with all of the musicians and industry professionals that I work with. It's very necessary to be able to share private playlists and tracks and listen to them on mobile devices!

The one solve I've had is to copy the playlist link into Safari and load it; however this is not realistically doable when reaching out to other professionals to share music.
Userlevel 1
same thing here: private playlist share works on my mac, but not my iphone (also shows "empty playlist"). hope we get a fix asap, this is very frustrating!
Userlevel 1
for me, more important for this to work than not, so made my playlist and files public (ugh). hope this gets fixed!!
Userlevel 1
FIXED! thankfully. private playlist now shows (private) tracks when linked to the soundcloud app on my phone. 🆒
Having the exact same problem here. Not for all recipients though, most of them get a working link.
Can soundcloud please react in order to resolve the issue?
Userlevel 1
so, NOT fixed. sigh, despite my previous post. made a new private playlist with private tracks, and, on my phone, opens the soundcloud app and shows as 'empty playlist'.... as before. ugh.
Userlevel 1
is this fixed for anyone? hard to use soundcloud professionally if this doesn't work...
Userlevel 1
here, it IS all working; i saw one of my private playlists ended like this: /null
i reset the link, and seems ok.
I too find an empty playlist when I follow a link from email using my iphone. When I click the very same link on my computer, the playlist loads. Is there a fix?
Userlevel 1
just a thought; try resetting the secret link, see if that helps...
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to access audio files posted by someone else, who sent me the link. I guess I could suggest that she try resetting the secret link?
Userlevel 1
seems like something soundcloud needs to sort out, so we're all not looking for workarounds. def some issue between a private playlist and the app on the phone. guess you could have your friend try that; let us know if that works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Confirmation that on mobile, this is currently not working. Our engineers are investigating at the moment.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis
I too am experiencing the same issue. Extremely frustrating because I pay for a pro account - and this glitch has negatively impacted my professional use of SoundCloud. Please remedy immediately.
i've had the same problem, glad to see Mathis has responded.

in my case, i've sent out a private playlist, and it works for some people and not for others. can't tell what the common thread is either. also, playlist didn't work on my friend's PC.

looking forward to this getting solved. thanks
Same problem...what happened to Soundcloud? 😞
is there any update on this issue? i don't see anymore responses from Mathis.

thanks.
Same Issue, are they working on a fix or what do I pay PRO membership for?
Same issue. about a month a go and again now.... Not happy about this. there are many people having the same issues and should have been fixed by now..... We are using the private links to share our music with press and problems like this are very frustrating ..... relaying on a PRO platform to let us down. ...
Just writing to bump this up, as its still not resolved.

Has anyone tried creating a new private link? Did that solve the problem?

@Mathis please advise