Private Playlist issues when sharing link

• 21 December 2017
  • 81 replies

Show first post

81 replies

@Mathis Any news for us?
im also having this issue, what's going on???????????
im also having this issue, what's going on???????????
Help. @Mathis . Anybody.

I've posted here. I've tweeted. No help from SoundCloud - for my self and other paying Pro customers.
I tried resetting the link. I tried making it public. Still nothing. HELP. @Mathis
Just wasted an hour of a record execs time trying to resolve this issue with a private playlist of demos we sent them. Thanks, Soundcloud. If its not going to be fixed any time soon, can you at least disable something so that you can't share a dead link with someone? We rely on Soundcloud for sharing unreleased music with other industry professionals so this is incredibly inconvenient.
Userlevel 1
it's really bad; i sent out a lot of business emails with a private playlist linked, and a number of people got back to me about this; how many others on mobile devices simply wrote it (& me) off as hopeless? have been chasing soundcloud support about this for at least a month, and... it's still not fixed. this is so serious, it should have been fixed by now.

frustrating...
Userlevel 1
got an email this morning (12 march) that the problem's fixed, but not working here... yet.

they DID tell me to update the app, but no update as of now on the apple app store.... will check that later (& report back).
Userlevel 1
just filed another report, sigh. i updated the app on my iphone. signed out. rebooted. signed in... and the private playlist STILL shows as 'empty'...

has anyone had this work (ie updating the app on their mobile device)...?
Same issue with any private playlist not playing on friends' iPhones. Although it plays on my iPhone. Is it incongruence with the most recent operating system? (I'm still on 10.3.3)
Userlevel 1
Same issue with any private playlist not playing on friends' iPhones. Although it plays on my iPhone. Is it incongruence with the most recent operating system? (I'm still on 10.3.3)

it works on your iphone because you're signed into your own account. and nothing to do with the computer OS, it's a problem soundcloud needs to fix (a linked private playlist needs to play it's tracks, even if the tracks are private).

it's killing my business model, but... nothing to do about it (so i made everything public for now). hope it gets sorted for real... and soon.
I thought that too but I'm not signed in on my mobile and our bass player can play it on his phone. Trying to find the common (or not) denominator.
Userlevel 1
I thought that too but I'm not signed in on my mobile and our bass player can play it on his phone. Trying to find the common (or not) denominator.

you're not opening it in the soundcloud app in your account? and your bass player can play private tracks in a private playlist from your account? that's cool, but still... random. this needs to work for anybody opening a private link. still, good information...
I think it's because we're both using it WITHOUT the app. It plays fine for everyone now in a browser. Some tracks display "We're sorry, that track isn't available on mobile" but play anyway.
Userlevel 1
I think it's because we're both using it WITHOUT the app. It plays fine for everyone now in a browser. Some tracks display "We're sorry, that track isn't available on mobile" but play anyway.

so, tied to the app. if i open someone's private playlist on my iphone, no tracks show. when i delete the app, the link opens in safari, and the files play, but we can't assume that the people we send music to don't have the soundcloud app. so it's a problem until it's fixed for everyone... and it's been months...
I started sharing a private playlist a few days ago, and people are letting me know of the same issue when they try and access the tracks. So, it's still not fixed.

I can't imagine those of you who have been dealing with this problem for months!! This is so not cool of Soundcloud.
I shared a private playlist this morning and got this back from someone:

"Hmmm… on both my work and personal laptops, that link is taking me to a blank page. (And I have a soundcloud account.)"
Userlevel 1
soundcloud emailed me this morning... with a projected mix 'hopefully be end Q2'. meanwhile, i've had to rethink my business model to accomodate this issue. ugh...
okay... so I've been a user of soundcloud for the best part of 7 years and now this issue is happening to me...

I've submitted a private link as part of a university application, but the link won't open... there's no way around this, is there?
Userlevel 1
okay... so I've been a user of soundcloud for the best part of 7 years and now this issue is happening to me...

I've submitted a private link as part of a university application, but the link won't open... there's no way around this, is there?

seems not. i sent out over 100 emails to biz connects, and THEN got back several emails that the playlists were empty. seems to me a serious issue. very frustrating. i had to make public files i wanted to keep private.
Same problem here! Some friends of mine cannot open the secret playlist link on desktop, they just see a blank page (but they can open the link on mobile, it's very weird). What's happening? It's very frustrating.
It's not working even on desktop as described here: https://soundcloudcommunity.com/playlists-229933/playlist-tracks-aren-t-loading-7407531 .

This is really disappointing, especially for paid users...

We don't even get automated tests on such simple feature?

After nearly 10 years using Soundcloud I have to start agreeing with the people who say SoundCloud is getting worse, it's sad to come to this conclusion after developing a love relationship with the platform.
the links of private playlists are still not loading ...apparently this is an old issue...
Private playlists not working, bumping this issue. Help!
Our mgmt tried to share a private playlist of ours and all the recipients are saying that it's a (empty playlist) or can't find playlist . Also we are paid users , as I'm sure the other people who are in this forum as well. Please resolve this issue.