Private Playlist issues when sharing link

• 21 December 2017
  • 81 replies

Userlevel 1
I created a playlist and set tracks and playlist to Private. I tried to share playlist via share link; however, when link is opened it displays Empty Playlist. This playlist doesn't have any tracks.

81 replies

Userlevel 2

Unfortunately Soundcloud are one of the most inept developers I’ve ever encountered. This issue has not been resolved for many years. It’s sad because it’s a massively useful app/site which just does not work properly. I’m particularly angry because we are paying for a service which is not up to the job. Support is inadequate- this thread is a case in point - they engage with customers briefly at the start of a thread then it all goes quiet and nobody gets an answer. 

How is it possible that it's been 1 year and this issue is not still fixed? I am sending private album to people and they told me the album is empty when obviously is not. That's really frustrating because I am paying. This is really unacceptable from a platform like that.
My tracks were working when I shared them I had several friends listen to it and then it just stopped working and now the secret link won't play. Can anyone help?
So i know this is many months after the initial post but I think the issue (after further research) is that private links only work when someone is signed in to SoundCloud. Otherwise they receive and error message.
I experienced this problem as well. I rely on a paid soundcloud subscription professionally in my communication with labels, publishers, artists, etc, but I get complaints that the link doesn't work on phone.

This means that I need to leave soundcloud and find a better alternative as soon as possible.

Or are there any plans to finally fix this issue?
Really good article about that from Ari https://aristake.com/post/private-streaming
He compares Sound Cloud with other services for sending private links choosing the best. He mentions this shameful problem!
Yo, this is such a vital feature of Soundcloud and it's not working. Anyone have any recommendations on how to send secret streaming links then?
SERIOUSLY? not even a single fucking reply from soundcloud. Fuck this i'm never paying for premium
ISSUE RESOLVED!! Move all your business and music matters to BandCamp cuz clearly Soundcloud doesn't give a fuck about us. This is bullshit.
Im going to cancel soon and do this on my own website if it doesn't get resolved. What a pain. Do you know how many people have iPhones?
This has been a problem for over a year. C'mon Soundcloud.
Same problem still recurring. Private link not working for sharing on iphones. Works fine for macbook, ipod, ipad and even Blackberry. Not working for iphones...
Wow I can't believe this is still an issue. I just created a new Soundcloud account, setup the private link to my private album, but it doesn't work on mobile. Same error message. Works great in Safari on desktop, and even Safari on iOS if you paste the link in.

Please fix this Soundcloud! 🙂
Can someone help? This is still happening and quite honestly 6 months is a bit of a joke for sorting something like this!!

While on the subject does anyone know of another RELIABLE platform that we can promote and share our music on instead?
KALENBURG/KIA I dont understand ....the link I get that I paste has the exact same ending I don't see a different ending at al....l I hit share... I copy the link ...I paste the link ....its the exact same link .... link still broken MATTIAS WHATS UP MAN
I think I found the cause and solution.

When first clicking on the original link to my private playlist and it opens up in a new tab, the ending of the initial link is not part of the address in the browser tab anymore.
Now whenever I copy the address of the address in the tab and forward it to someone, it is missing the initial ending. Without that ending, everyone is getting the "playist not found" error

So: Save the original link somewhere and send that out as opposed to clicking into the tab´s address bar to mark all and copy.

Worked for me.

This solution works for me!!!
It is still not resolved. This is a joke. Its been like this for months and is a major hindrance to moving forward with finding labels etc. Has ANYTHING been done yet? it is very frustrating and very unprofessional.
I think I found the cause and solution.

When first clicking on the original link to my private playlist and it opens up in a new tab, the ending of the initial link is not part of the address in the browser tab anymore.
Now whenever I copy the address of the address in the tab and forward it to someone, it is missing the initial ending. Without that ending, everyone is getting the "playist not found" error

So: Save the original link somewhere and send that out as opposed to clicking into the tab´s address bar to mark all and copy.

Worked for me.
Same issue here.

But - I resolved the issue by going on my page and clicking on the share button again. The link there does contain an extra ending which was not present in the link I sent to other people - so maybe, for whatever reason, the usual mark all function of some devices does not mark the ending of the link and then we are sending out an incomplete link....
same here , very frustrating
@Mathis any update on this? It's been MANY months and no resolution. Sending out private playlists to industry professionals who can't view. Looks really unprofessional and makes SoundCloud look like a complete joke to boot
Same here. I sent a link to some business contacts and now I look like a complete amateur. The link worked a few weeks ago. I've tried resetting it, but to no avail. How come there's no solution to this yet?
DITTO.
Userlevel 1
shame, really. i've been using soundcloud to host private playlists that i send to business people; if they can't access the files on an iphone, for example... the whole thing is useless.

can anyone recommend an alternative to soundcloud? i LIKE this place, but i can't do my work here anymore....
This is really weak... What a crappy service and company!! I just started using to share music and become a Pro member, and will never use again, since I've seen this has been a problem for MONTHS now. I'm taking my business straight to Bandcamp.