Solved

Private Playlist link doesn't work!! Only plays if you are signed in

Private link https://soundcloud.com/ivorylanestudios/sets/the-snowdroppers-lp-business-unreleased-master/s-vVv86 is not able to be played by anyone else. It only works if i am signed in. I've tried resetting the link which is the above link. The first link was working perfectly until today. Other people seem to be having similar problems with their private playlists

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ivory,

Apologies, we are having a look into it. Please hang tight, we'll get a fix out asap.

-Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hey i can't share private playlists. If i share only a private track it works. Wh....

Hey i can't share private playlists, i know the secret link and all those things. But if i share a playlist it doesn't work. If i share only a private track it works. What should i do ?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "This Track can't play right now" on multiple tracks + playlist doesn't show all ....

Hello
I have this private playlist that usually works great, I have a link that I share with certain people via email.
Right now the tops tracks give me the error "this track can't be played right now" and also the playlist doesn't show ALL of the songs on the list. Only the top 10 or 12.... There should be over 20.
https://soundcloud.com/liliroquelin/sets/lili-roquelin-music-submission/s-Up2QA
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

Quick update in this - a fix has just now been deployed so your playlists should be all set and working properly again.

If not so, please do let us know here so we can report back to our devs.

Cheers
Mathis
I'm also experiencing this problem. My mobile playlists, follows, likes do not appear when i log into soundcloud on my desktop. What's the issue here? Has it been fixed?
Mathis wrote:

Hello everyone,

Quick update in this - a fix has just now been deployed so your playlists should be all set and working properly again.

Cheers
Mathis

Private share playlist not working for me from either computer or phone app.
Silvestre . wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hey i can't share private playlists. If i share only a private track it works. Wh....

Hey i can't share private playlists, i know the secret link and all those things. But if i share a playlist it doesn't work. If i share only a private track it works. What should i do ?

Drop box ! No problem to share, mp3 or big wave audio. For me it's working all the time.
To many time 80% the private link dont work, so you look stupid, when you send à link to a major, and this link dont work. And, i receive this mail 4 months after asking for this problèms. So Drop Box is the serious whay to work.
LiLi Roquelin wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "This Track can't play right now" on multiple tracks + playlist doesn't show all ....

Hello
I have this private playlist that usually works great, I have a link that I share with certain people via email.
Right now the tops tracks give me the error "this track can't be played right now" and also the playlist doesn't show ALL of the songs on the list. Only the top 10 or 12.... There should be over 20.
https://soundcloud.com/liliroquelin/sets/lili-roquelin-music-submission/s-Up2QA
Thanks

Drop box ! No problem to share, mp3 or big wave audio. For me it's working all the time.
To many time 80% the private link dont work, so you look stupid, when you send à link to a major, and this link dont work. And, i receive this mail 4 months after asking for this problèms. So Drop Box is the serious whay to work.
Mathis wrote:

Hello everyone,

Cheers
Mathis

I ask sound cloud for this very important problem, and they contact me, with no solution 6 months lather, Wow !
So i return to drop box, i never have any problem with drop box...
Rave Dogers wrote:

I'm also experiencing this problem. My mobile playlists, follows, likes do not appear when i log into soundcloud on my desktop. What's the issue here? Has it been fixed?

Hi,
I'm having the same issue with my links. Not great when they are the links I'm using for Festival Applications and Booking gigs etc... looks very unprofessional. Please help?
https://soundcloud.com/harrisonmusik/sets/harrison-debut-ep-private-please-do-not-share-these-links-1
Userlevel 2
thanks so much!
I'm having the same problem. Sent a private playlist of songs I haven't released yet to a booking agent and my drummer, and neither of them can open it...
I have had the same problem. have sent a private link to 2 important applications and now i release i cannot play the link if i am signed out.
This will hinder me in the application process.
I cant change the link as the one i have sent out includes a forward slash.
is there anything you can do to help