Question

Problem with soundcloud player on facebook page

• 18 December 2014
  • 57 replies

Show first post

57 replies

If I post the soundcloud link directly in a message, I do get a player.
Thanks! Just in time, I have some things to share on FB. I do appreciate that FB is a moving target; thanks for helping out...
Just posted song to FB fan page and personal page: fan page doesn't add a player, is just a link to SC. On personal page, the player works. FYI, thanks...
i have the same problem if i share from soundcloud. but if i copy the link to the page of the audio, paste it to my status, hit enter, then i do get an embedded link. it will be my profile picture with a play button in the middle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
i have the same problem if i share from soundcloud. but if i copy the link to the page of the audio, paste it to my status, hit enter, then i do get an embedded link. it will be my profile picture with a play button in the middle.
Hi, thanks for jumping into the conversation! As Mathis, mentioned above, we're continuing to work on this with Facebook.

Cheers,
Gina
out of nowhere this started with me. i use to click the share on my stream and then i'd copy the link in the highlight, post to my timeline and done. now all that shows is the link and no player at fb opens. i tried the ?123 and it showed my pic, but was redirected to SC stream. can anyone help? thanks!
Perhaps Facebook changed something yet again, as I've read this entire thread and none of the suggestions help. I can post on my personal FB page (big photo, no play button though), but my band page I manage gets nothing but a text link.
Since you can't control what Facebook does, how about making it possible for us to do a direct posting to our band page we manage, just like the personal one works. Enable an option for either page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Perhaps Facebook changed something yet again, as I've read this entire thread and none of the suggestions help. I can post on my personal FB page (big photo, no play button though), but my band page I manage gets nothing but a text link.
Since you can't control what Facebook does, how about making it possible for us to do a direct posting to our band page we manage, just like the personal one works. Enable an option for either page.

Hi there alternating.bit,

Thanks for your input. May I ask you to provide the link that seems to be causing difficulties? I'd like to try and see if I can debug this link for you.

Other then that, here is how sharing to Facebook currently works (given the information on Facebook's end is not outdated and causes issues due to caching):
1. If you copy and paste the link of your track directly into the status field on Facebook, both on your timeline or on your band page, the track will render into our embedded player straight away.
2. If you're using the Share button to post to Facebook, this currently adds an image on your timeline which will redirect your Facebook connections to your SoundCloud profile. (Not ideal, however the chance your listeners will listen to more of your tracks straight away is a bit higher).

Our product team and engineers continue to work on this feature and also on ironing out the flaws due to caching. We're hoping to be able to get this sorted soon.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, optionally with the link to the track that needs to be debugged :-)

Cheers
Mathis

Same problem for me. It's frustrating because I do have one track in the SoundCloud window on my FB profile, posted many months ago. That is the place I want the other tracks to be posted to so that they stay visible instead of being buried on my Timeline.

What a bummer it took me so long to find this thread on the subject, but thanks for the clarification.

(thanks Mathis, btw) Had a string of good luck recently with players posting properly on fan and personal pages (when URL pasted directly). Until today! Now no player or even a picture appears on fan page ... just text link. Effing Facebook, grrr.

Just posted a Snoop Dogg mix to my fan page as an experiment. It worked! Maybe I need to go Pro to get a FB post to work 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Mark,

Is this still not working again for you? If so, can you send over the link of the track in question? When you copy & paste the track URL into the status field, you should get the player to render on your timeline straight away. Sharing via the share button currently creates an image with a hyperlink that'll redirect users to your SoundCloud profile.

Let me know if this needs further investigation.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Mathis, thanks -- I always copy/paste the URL. Just now posted something and it worked. I guess sometimes FB gets up on the wrong side of the bed.
This seriously needs to be a top priority for the developers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Tony,

Are you experiencing difficulties with a specific track? If so, I can offer to try and debug this from over here (or you can try this on your end as well, using the instructions given here). Mind sending over the track URL?

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 3
Sorry to hi-jack this post, but in fact, I am experiencing difficulty with a specific track within a playlist (an album I produced), whereas another track within the same playlist displayed properly and playable from a Facebook post. As I think I read in a related thread, "some work while others do not." That's what is happening in my case.

One other question I have is what has happened to the "short link" option? Has it been eliminated?

Appreciate your assistance.
Not sure if my problem is exactly what's being discussed here, but I can't get Facebook to display Soundcloud on my profile, in the area near recent likes, places, etc. I can post stuff on my timeline properly, but want it to just be there on the side for people to click on without me having to continuously posting the link. I've tried just about everything and both accounts say they are linked, but it's just not showing up. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. If I understand your query correclty, then this is likely something you'd set on Facebook's end. When you go to your personal Facebook page and scroll down a bit, you should see a bunch of "sections" on the left hand side (Likes, Friends, Places, Sports, Music, etc.). This is where I understand you want the SoundCloud category to pop up, correct? If so,

If so, click on the small pen icon on any of those categories, then choose "manage sections". Here's what this looks like: http://d.pr/i/145AI

The window that opens next has a long list of categories from which you can choose which categories you want to have shown. This is how you should be able to get the SoundCloud category working.

If it is not in there, please check your Facebook's privacy settings. Here, look for "blocking" and "apps" to make sure SoundCloud didn't accidentally end up in there.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
Well like I said, I've tried pretty much everything. That was the first thing I tried. Clicked on manage section, pop up showed that the soundcloud box was checked to show up, but it just doesn't. The app isn't blocked or anything like that and I have it set to public. So I'm really confused. It's been this way for quite some time. When I started noticing other people's profiles had a Soundcloud section, it made me curious. I've followed all the proper steps to connect. I just don't get it.... 😞
Userlevel 1
Hi,

It shows on my Facebook page, but it's all old information. Shouldn't the app pick up the latest information from SoundCloud?

Mats
Well like I said, I've tried pretty much everything. That was the first thing I tried. Clicked on manage section, pop up showed that the soundcloud box was checked to show up, but it just doesn't. The app isn't blocked or anything like that and I have it set to public. So I'm really confused. It's been this way for quite some time. When I started noticing other people's profiles had a Soundcloud section, it made me curious. I've followed all the proper steps to connect. I just don't get it.... 😞
..i also try this much times. I see soundcloud as app on many other artist pages. I see it there WITHOUT Bandpage. I like the normal soundcloud app much more. I hasnt found any usable help here !!
Hi guys,

Thank you for your post. I am terribly sorry, but at this time, I have to admit there is not a workaround for this - the fact that SoundCloud links currently don't render into the embedded player on Facebook artist / bandpages is due to a change that Facebook made on their end. We have reached out to them and our developers are currently looking into ways to sort this out, however this is one is not entirely on us to decide.

I'm hoping I can soon update this conversation with better news.

Thanks for your patience guys, much appreciated!

Cheers,
Mathis

Dear Mathis, I see this conversation is 7 months old, but I'm having the same problem right now, despite a week ago I was able to post with embedded player being available. Now it is just the cover photo with an external link.

Thank you
Hi guys,

Thank you for your post. I am terribly sorry, but at this time, I have to admit there is not a workaround for this - the fact that SoundCloud links currently don't render into the embedded player on Facebook artist / bandpages is due to a change that Facebook made on their end. We have reached out to them and our developers are currently looking into ways to sort this out, however this is one is not entirely on us to decide.

Cheers,
Mathis

Same. It's been working for me for the last few months, so I'm guessing FB made another change that has temporarily screwed us all...and SC for that matter! 😞
Userlevel 4
Hi guys,

Cheers,
Mathis

Dr Scrutiny, actually this is an intentional change to Facebook made by SoundCloud this week. Add your voice to the current discussion - Protesting Recent Soundcloud Decision to Change Facebook Player to an External Link