Question

Problems with linking Soundcloud to Instagram Storys

Hey there!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and of course the Instagram and Soundcloud Apps installed (latest versions).
Still I can't link Soundcloud to Instagram storys. When I click on the share-button the only possible way to share the music with instagram is "Direct".

I don't know what to do. It would be important for sharing my music to be able to do this..

Thanks in advance!

5 replies

I have same issue. Everything updated, still not working. Please fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, so you're saying you're seeing a different behavior then the one explained on this help center article? https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013186094-How-to-share-music-on-SoundCloud-directly-to-Instagram-Stories

If you've tried reinstalling both apps (preferably with a restart between deleting and reinstalling) and this still isn't working as expected, I can only imagine the operating system on your phone being the root cause for this. (Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.)

Let us know if you've tried these steps, if they've helped, or if not, what OS you're using on your phones.
yeah, I did everything to solve this problem. Reinstalled both apps, updated my android to newest version and still there's no IG stories option in share window (only instagram direct).
This is BS. Its been almost 2 years and still can't use this feature and all the techs just give dodgy replies like 'reset device' or 'reinstal' as if thats a real solution. Wonder why i dont use pro? Theres just one of the many reasons...
Same problem here with huawei mate 20 pro. Any workarounds?