Answered

Secret tokens ARE NOT WORKING

• 10 April 2019
  • 5 replies

This issue has been unresolved for many days now. Can you please address it as soon as possible!

It appears that all secret tokens are no longer working correctly. Any attempt to stream private content is resulting in a '401 unauthorised error'.

The embed widget and 'Download Original' links within the SoundCloud interface are also non-functional. This outage is causing widespread failure across our app - has there been any official communication about the issue? Please confirm with your engineers.

The only thing that has worked so far is making tracks 'public'. Making them private again resets secret tokens (which also don't work). Playlist secret tokens do work, but for us to use playlist tokens we would need to do a massive bulk change to all soundcloud tracks.

This request works, but the subsequent stream request returns a 401.
code:
code:
https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/(track_id).json?client_id=(client_id)

Can you please provide an ETA/update/confirmation of the issue.

code:
code:
https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/(track_Id)/stream?client_id=(client_id)&secret_token=(secret_token)
icon

Best answer by Mathis 25 April 2019, 12:14

Hi again @asw and others on this topic,

Our engineers just let me know that a fix has been deployed so streaming with a playlist secret token works again.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

5 replies

Can confirm. I'm seeing the same behavior. Getting 401 (Unauthorized) errors when trying to stream private content with a track's secret_token.

Like @supersonics mentioned, playlist secret_tokens still work.

code:
15:28 ~$ HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Connection: keep-alive
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 19:28:03 GMT
Cache-Control: private, max-age=0, must-revalidate
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, PUT, POST, DELETE
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Accept, Authorization, Content-Type, Origin
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Access-Control-Expose-Headers: Date
Server: am/2
X-Cache: Error from cloudfront
Via: 1.1 59ffc306d7ea74f3da97a8bda9cff2e6.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)
X-Amz-Cf-Id: QsJiBvcHEJryAimRTc4QAVqgGdSIc6nQQf9VERtJMFNT214BYh6KnA==
Seems like this issue was resolved a few days ago for individual track secret_tokens, but as of this morning, the playlist token is broken. What is going on in SoundCloud API land?

@supersonics Are you seeing this new behavior?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Seems like this issue was resolved a few days ago for individual track secret_tokens, but as of this morning, the playlist token is broken. What is going on in SoundCloud API land?

@supersonics Are you seeing this new behavior?

Hi @asw I've forwarded this to our engineer now for review. I currently don't have an ETA, but rest assured this is on their list now. Thanks for reporting!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again @asw and others on this topic,

Our engineers just let me know that a fix has been deployed so streaming with a playlist secret token works again.

Cheers
Mathis
@Mathis That's amazing news. Thank you!