Question

share on facebook site

• 31 January 2015
  • 13 replies

sharing soundcloud tracks on my facebook site

I have made myself a facebook site with my things to share like fotos and stuff. How can I share tracks from soundcloud so people can listen to the tracks without leaving my site?

13 replies

This is LOAD OF BALLS, I will stop using soundcloud because of this
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the help forum. Now let's see. If you have a Facebook page other then your personal Facebook account page, then I'm afraid shares from SoundCloud won't render into our player straight away. This is due to a recent change on Facebook's end, but our developers are currently looking for ways to improve this.

However, there's more to the current behavior:
a) When any of the Facebook users who have "liked" your Facebook page sees your post on their Facebook wall, the player renders just fine.
b) When you put the SoundCloud link into a comment on your Facebook page rather then adding it on the original post, it will also render properly.

We're hoping to be able and improve this soon, but I hope this info helps shedding some light on the issue.

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Did Facebook eliminate the ability to play SoundClound clips on the wall?.

When I share clips on Facebook it is only a JPEG and links to the soundcloud account, but it used to play right on the wall.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Records Images sharing.

it happens all the time when I am trying to post a link on my page on Facebook , image does not show , just a link, cannot find a reason for that
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Quick update on this - we had gotten in touch with Facebook and will hopefully be able to continue working closely with their developers to improve the Facebook sharing capabilities further (e.g., improve caching of outdated info when sharing).

For the moment being, we were able to sort out sharing of your tracks to Facebook artist / band pages - Now, when you copy and paste a track URL to your artist of bandpage, it should render into the player properly again and not forward users to SoundCloud for listening any longer.

Happy Sharing,
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi everyone,

Quick update on this - we had gotten in touch with Facebook and will hopefully be able to continue working closely with their developers to improve the Facebook sharing capabilities further (e.g., improve caching of outdated info when sharing).

For the moment being, we were able to sort out sharing of your tracks to Facebook artist / band pages - Now, when you copy and paste a track URL to your artist of bandpage, it should render into the player properly again and not forward users to SoundCloud for listening any longer.

Happy Sharing,
Mathis

I share soundclouds links in my wall but my friends cannot hear the song without leave Facebook and move to sound cloud website. Many people don't like to do this (The Majority).

Even worst: If I launch a campaign in Facebook sharing our last song, many people (which are not my friends or fan page members) don't like to leave Facebook to ear somebody that they don't really know. But If they can play directly on Facebook the campaign is much (a lot) better.

Please, please, reinstall the capability to play directly on Facebook, with the option to move to sound cloud when the people WANT to do it.
Hi everyone,

Happy Sharing,
Mathis

Exactly my case too!
Hi everyone,

Happy Sharing,
Mathis

This is still a big problem!!
Hi everyone,

Happy Sharing,
Mathis

yes, i also mentioned this here. when i first used SC and shared at FB i'd select the share select on the song and go on FB and paste it in a new message on my news feed and post and the image had a "play" to select. using that the player opened there in that post and played. it became so that it was just a pic or a link and to select it instead of the song playing, it did a redirect leaving FB to a new window of SC. i will NOT click on links of news or vids that redirect to another site wanting to feed off my FB existence to best their traffic. also when you try to watch the vid it's pop up ad hell. i share my stuff here, i speak good of SC to those who listen to me and i inform them of SC. more will come to SC if it didn't make you come to the site. i pay and try to stay current. i end up free at times, but even free i use SC as a storage. i'm not professional or even amateur. it's simply a hobby. i should be able to link my friends and family to my songs without them being dragged here. if it isn't changed back soon to playing in FB then i'll have to do something else.
Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the help forum. Now let's see. If you have a Facebook page other then your personal Facebook account page, then I'm afraid shares from SoundCloud won't render into our player straight away. This is due to a recent change on Facebook's end, but our developers are currently looking for ways to improve this.

However, there's more to the current behavior:
a) When any of the Facebook users who have "liked" your Facebook page sees your post on their Facebook wall, the player renders just fine.
b) When you put the SoundCloud link into a comment on your Facebook page rather then adding it on the original post, it will also render properly.

We're hoping to be able and improve this soon, but I hope this info helps shedding some light on the issue.

Cheers,
Mathis

your developers doing nothing i think. i see almost same answer from you for solutions. just bring back facebook embedded player! you will loose many users just because of this!
Userlevel 1
It's been over a year since the first post on this and nothing has improved. How much longer do we have to wait?
This is LOAD OF BALLS, I will stop using soundcloud because of this
they have a player on twotter but not facebook, bollocks!
Welp, any SC alternative that has embedded video player on FB that you guys know ?