Question

sharing a link with a specific start time not working on mobile devices

• 12 October 2015
  • 13 replies

We're trying to share a link to a track that has a specific start point specified at the end of the link using the "#t=(time)" text where the "(time)" is the point at which the track starts when opening the link. The link works fine on a desktop but does not work on mobile devices or within the app. Please help!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Thanks for writing in. Indeed looks like this is a bug on our end, I have forwarded this information on to our mobile teams.

Thanks again for the heads up!
Gina
Thank you, Gina!
Can you share an example of a link that starts like that? I did not know you could do that and would like to see an example
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Can you share an example of a link that starts like that? I did not know you could do that and would like to see an example
Hi Warren,

Take any track, click on 'Share' and the tick box to share with a specific start time will be right next to the share link.

Hi,

Did this issue ever get resolved???

“Thanks for writing in. Indeed looks like this is a bug on our end, I have forwarded this information on to our mobile teams.

Gina
I'm experiencing this exact same issue. Is there a fix for this?
This 2 years report still not taken.
Let me share urls with timestamp on mobile!
I am also experiencing this issue. It works fine on desktop but not on mobile.
We believe in you, @Gina !
Hi,

Thanks for writing in. Indeed looks like this is a bug on our end, I have forwarded this information on to our mobile teams.

Gina

3 years later, problem still not solved 😞 It seems quite easy to fix, since this functionality is already available on browser/desktop version. Really @SoundCloud Community Support? How long does it take to add simple link generating code to the mobile app?
Hi,

"share a link at AT a specific time", any news about this bug?

Thanks!
Just adding my own report that this isn’t working for me on iOS 12.3.1, SoundCloud version 5.55.0. It also doesn’t work when viewed from Safari mobile unless the desktop site is specifically requested.

This means there isn’t a seamless way to say “hey check out this part of the mix” and provide a link to it.
Three years later and the bug still exists. I shared a song on Twitter today which starts at a specific time, but it didn't work when opening it within Twitter or when I opened the link using the app.