Question

sharing embedded link

Isn't the embedded soundcloud player available for facebook fan pages anymore? I can share the embedded link to my wall, but not on the page i manage...

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. The connection settings on SoundCloud are only applied to your personal Facebook profile and page(s) and this operates like a news feed. So if you choose to share sounds and sets that you upload to SoundCloud, they will be automatically pushed to the Facebook pages you have connected. You can control what you would like shared from SoundCloud to Facebook here: http://soundcloud.com/settings/connections

If you’d like to share your SoundCloud tracks on other Facebook pages you manage, we recommend using the third-party app BandPage (http://soundcloud.com/apps/bandpage). You can read more about how to do this here: http://soundcloud.com/101/rootmusic-bandpage

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for posting on the forum. :)

Cheers,
Gina
Hi Gina, thanks for your answer... but just a couple of days ago, I could copy-paste the link to the track on my Radio facebook page (facebook.com/shokoladi) and the embedded player would appear... I guess this feature is not available anymore??
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for writing back. Sorry about the confusion here. We've been seeing similar reports about the embedded player not rendering properly on Facebook artist pages and were able to reproduce the issue from here in some of the cases. This one's is a bit tricky to tackle because some of the details are stored in Facebook's caches. We've reached out to our contacts at Facebook and are currently looking into what's causing this problem.

In the meantime, I've done further debugging for your most recent track (hope that was the one in question?) and was able to share it as an embedded player on one of my artist pages on Facebook.

Can you try that again and see if it works for you now? (Please make sure to clear your local cache & cookies and give your browser a fresh start before doing this)

By the way - I've used the debugging method that is outlined on the bottom of this article on our Help Center. It is a bit complex and for sure not ideal, yet it might serve as a workaround for the moment being :-)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Mathis! great work 🙂. Thank you! Now it works fine... I've tried the Facebook debugging before and it didn't help then. Now we can share the embedded player.
I had two "problematic" issues with soundcloud and didn't think the team would react so fast. Thanks a lot!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

That is great news! Glad we were able to help out.

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi, i have the same problem with my tracks. On personal site everythings working fine, but on my Audio Studio Company site ( via copy paste link ) ( company / not artist, dont know if its the same ) ... just appears a picture with direkt link, but no Play Button or Player.

Tried also Debugger, Reading many posts, trying apps, nothing worked. is there a chance to help me? how u fixed it for the ones over me? What happend with the Facebook: Soundcloud Player App, directly for facebook? this helped me out ones months ago.

THX
Cheers Phil
PS: I would like to share just my one Playlist 😉 maybe you could fix it like above for the others. i have no idea what else i can do. BIG THX
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
PS: I would like to share just my one Playlist 😉 maybe you could fix it like above for the others. i have no idea what else i can do. BIG THX
Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I'm afraid that currently, for artist or band pages, tracks and playlists don't render into our player as they used to - this is currently not due to caching for very specific tracks or playlists, but a general thing due to a change that was made on Facebook's end. I won't be able to tell when this'll be fixed, but rest assured we're speaking with them to see how we can sort this out.

We'll update you here when we have news about this.

@P Double U - you should be able to share your playlist properly on your personal timeline though - maybe that helps?

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi, i know thats working on,... but not trough my personal timeline. Linking or sharing it trough it, has the same effeckt. And i want to share it with clients and page likers, not just personal friends 😉 so hopefully you get news about a fix very short, i dont want to chance somewhere else, soundcloud was so amazing all time ...

THX
please call when u got new Informations.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The Soundcloud Player Will Not Show Up On My Business FB Page.

The Soundcloud Player (Widget) will show up on Soundcloud postings to my personal page, but not to my business (musician) page. I've tried every debug out there. I simply can't figure it out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The Soundcloud Player Will Not Show Up On My Business FB Page.

The Soundcloud Player (Widget) will show up on Soundcloud postings to my personal page, but not to my business (musician) page. I've tried every debug out there. I simply can't figure it out.

Hi there,

Thanks for visiting the Help Forum. Take a look at Mathis' most recent response for an explanation to your question.

Cheers,
Gina