Solving Facebook sharing issues

Userlevel 4
Hi everyone,

If you’re having trouble sharing to Facebook, such as the wrong image showing up or the track link not showing an image at all, this sometimes happens when updates have been made to your SoundCloud profile and Facebook is trying to reach the older information.

To resolve this you will need to debug your track link by copying and pasting it here. Debugging refreshes Facebook's cache for your track, and show new information.

Once you have copy-pasted your link, just hit Debug:

Now all you need to do is copy-paste your track or playlist's URL into Facebook.

410 replies

test
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my picture is not view on facebook... please WHY ? ....

it s not the first time
when i try to share my song on facebook the picture of the song doesnt appear .....
please i pay for that ! and i s change 4 time the picture.... for nothing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Jim_floyd wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my picture is not view on facebook... please WHY ? ....

it s not the first time
when i try to share my song on facebook the picture of the song doesnt appear .....
please i pay for that ! and i s change 4 time the picture.... for nothing!

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is an issue because Facebook sometimes does not register recent changes made on SoundCloud tracks and FB tries to grab the outdated information. We're working with them to improve actions across platforms. Please try the steps above if this happens again and get back to us if it doesn't work.

Thanks for your patience,
Gina
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you for posting on the help forum. I truly understand your frustration about this (I've been there myself actually).

Here's a bit more info in regards to the sharing difficulties with Facebook. I'm hoping it help you to understand why this is so difficult for us to fix. The issue is most often rooted in faulty data information that is stored in Facebook's cache. This makes it hard to troubleshoot from our end, as we cannot access their caches. Our developers are looking into it and I will make sure and forward your concern to stress how important this is. We're hoping to fix this soon.

Also, I will go ahead and update the initial post in this conversation in a moment, as there is actually another way to troubleshoot this for particular tracks. until then, please review this article on our help center. At the very bottom of the article, we explain an advanced method of debugging. It is a bit complex to perform and I'm happy to help with that if you don't succeed (if so, please let me know the link to the track in question and I'll go from here).

Hope this helps to shed some light on this.

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled changed profile pic but old still comes up on FB. is it a waiting game or am i s....

i want to post a new song on facebook and changed my profile pic and other pics as well but the old pic still shows up on FB, is it a matter of time or am i stuck with the old profile pic linked to FB.. i am waiting to share because of this..
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@singnbob mind putting the link in here so we can take a look at this and see if we can debug this for you from here? Have you tried the steps we recommend in the first post in this conversation?

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Embedded song on my Facebook profile won't play.

There is one particular track that, when I copy and paste the link to my regular Facebook profile, it won't play. It did originally a few days ago, but for the past two days it just gives an error message no matter how many times I refresh my Facebook page or repost this particular track. All other tracks are working fine. Here is a link to the actual track in question - https://soundcloud.com/genshi/end-credits-to-a-nonexistent-movie

Below are the screenshots of each step of the error:

This is what the track looks like on my Facebook page -

When you click to play, this is what happens -

And when you click that, it goes to this page on Soundcloud -

Refreshing the Soundcloud page brings the song back IN Soundcloud, but NOT in Facebook!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
genshi wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Embedded song on my Facebook profile won't play.

There is one particular track that, when I copy and paste the link to my regular Facebook profile, it won't play. It did originally a few days ago, but for the past two days it just gives an error message no matter how many times I refresh my Facebook page or repost this particular track. All other tracks are working fine. Here is a link to the actual track in question - https://soundcloud.com/genshi/end-credits-to-a-nonexistent-movie

Refreshing the Soundcloud page brings the song back IN Soundcloud, but NOT in Facebook!

Hi Genshi,

Sorry about the confusion. There was a bug on Facebook's side that was causing links to only open on SoundCloud instead of playing on Facebook. Give the debugging tips a try to get the link to work, once that is fixed then the track should play in Facebook ok. Let me know if you have any further questions I can help with.

-Gina
genshi wrote:

Ok, still not working in my browser; latest version of Safari on Yosemite OS.

To be clear, I post music to my Facebook from Soundcloud almost everyday. I post each track the same way, and this is the ONLY track that's not working on Facebook. All settings are identical to all other tracks, and once again, it worked a few days ago... just not these past two days. I even posted a new track just now and it works fine, but not the one before it. Here is my Facebook page (open to the public) for you to try it out - https://www.facebook.com/genshi

When using the Facebook Debugging tool, I get the following -
----------------------------
Critical Errors That Must Be Fixed: Could Not Follow Redirect Path
Using data from https://soundcloud.com/genshi/end-credits-to-a-nonexistent-movie because there was an error following the redirect path.

Errors That Must Be Fixed: Could Not Follow Redirect
URL requested a HTTP redirect, but it could not be followed.
----------------------------
Plus a whole bunch of other stuff that makes no sense to me... but again, there shouldn't be any difference between this track and all my other tracks especially since I had previously posted this track without issue and have now tried to repost it 3 times with THIS issue. Completely baffling...
genshi wrote:

and now, as of today, without doing anything further... it's woking on it's own again. Go figure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
genshi wrote:

Hi Genshi,

Glad to hear this is working for you again. My sincere apologies about all the stress with this. I can understand this must have been a frustrating experience. We've let our developers known there was an issue. They are trying to work as closely as possible with Facebook, however sometimes bugs cannot be prevented before they occur.

Again, sorry about the troubles. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Oops, we couldn't find that track.

I posted my song on Facebook. When I try to play this in the Chronicle of Facebook, an error message "Oops, we couldn't find that track" is output. On my other track it works without problems.
Here is the link to my track: https://soundcloud.com/karsten-ross/fast-forward
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Karsten Ross wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Oops, we couldn't find that track.

I posted my song on Facebook. When I try to play this in the Chronicle of Facebook, an error message "Oops, we couldn't find that track" is output. On my other track it works without problems.

Hi Karsten,

Sharing your track now should actually work. Older posts on Facebook cannot be rectified - sorry. This is due to caching on Facebook's end. Please review this conversation (mostly, the first post on this conversation) to understand why sharing to Facebook can sometimes fails with an error message such as the one that you received.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Widget will not show on Facebook. This is what come up any ideas why please? In ....

Widget will not show on Facebook. This is what come up any ideas why please????? In a box this shows up..... SoundCloud Widget W.SOUNDCLOUD.COM
Karsten Ross wrote:

Hi Mathias , I have had the same problem and still have.. when i like a track on soundcloud should share it on my FB band page but nothing.. since October the 30th
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting. Please can you send over the link to the track or playlist that you were trying to share if this continues to be an issue? That way we can take a closer look at this.

Also, how to you go about sharing to Facebook? Do you copy & paste the link of your track or playlist into the status field on Facebook, or do you use the Share button on SoundCloud?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Mathis. here is the link I have been trying to copy and paste to Facebook. i have tried all the advice on the Soundcloud help page but nothing seems to solve it? Thank you. _
Hi Mathias , I have had the same problem and still have.. when i like a track on soundcloud should share it on my FB band page but nothing.. since October the 30th
Mathis wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting. Please can you send over the link to the track or playlist that you were trying to share if this continues to be an issue? That way we can take a closer look at this.

Also, how to you go about sharing to Facebook? Do you copy & paste the link of your track or playlist into the status field on Facebook, or do you use the Share button on SoundCloud?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Mathis , I have had the same problem and still have.. when i like a track on soundcloud should share it on my FB band page but nothing.. since October the 30th
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Martin Rob Handley wrote:

Hi Mathis. here is the link I have been trying to copy and paste to Facebook. i have tried all the advice on the Soundcloud help page but nothing seems to solve it? Thank you. _

Hey hey,

Well, it certainly looks like it renders into the embedded player properly on our help forum - awesome! 🙂 I believe you've copied the embed code then? For Facebook, you only need to use the direct URL and paste it. In this case, that'd be

https://soundcloud.com/martinrobhandley/vaali-verdana-martin-rob-handley-remix-feat-ryan-joseph

Makes sense?

Cheers,
Mathis
Martin Rob Handley wrote:

Thank you that woks fine. How do you get it to post as the big player/artwork?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Franky Redente / F.ICH wrote:

Hi Franky,

Your case is a bit different actually, since you seem to refer to the action of liking a track on SoundCloud. Is this correct, or did I get something wrong? before October 30, were you seeing a post on Facebook about this directly on your timeline / wall, or was it in the small "SoundCloud"-box further down on your Facebook page on the left hand side?

Also, when you look into your activity log on Facebook - does it appear there?

Pleas, let me know :-)

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Mathis

I always post via the Like options(unless i have problems like this).
I have 2 FB accounts linked ..my personal one and my Band page + twitter..

The problem is on my FB band page .. (Franky Redente) .. twitter is working fine

I did check the activity log.. nothing ..the last automatic post goes back to October the 3oth (band Page)

It seems more a problem with the Like connectivity to my FB page..
on my personal page works ok.. still .. it does not pick up all the likes ..just some of them..

I have tried to disconnect and reconnect the account from Soundcloud (many times) but nothing.

Let me know if you would like to know more..
Thank you

Franky
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Franky,

Thanks for explaining this further. I will take this to our developers to take a look. As soon as I hear back from them, I'll update you about it here.

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Mathis ,
The feature is still not working . any updates on your side ?
Thank you