Solving Facebook sharing issues

Show first post

404 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i edited a photo of a song, and it changed in soundcloud but when i publish it on....

i edited a photo of a song, and it changed in soundcloud but when i publish it on facebook or somewhere else it shows the old photo and i have to change it please help.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled artwork wont share with facebook.

when i try to share one certain song on facebook the image assigned to the song does not show up,only for one certain song any other track i share runs smoothly.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When I share song to facebook from soundcloud there is no Photo???.

When I share song to facebook from soundcloud there is no Photo???
Jim_floyd wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my picture is not view on facebook... please WHY ? ....

it s not the first time
when i try to share my song on facebook the picture of the song doesnt appear .....
please i pay for that ! and i s change 4 time the picture.... for nothing!

I have spent the past 1.5 hours trying to find very, very, very simple answers. One is how to change the background image on a per-track basis (I think the answer is: you can't and soundcloud arbitrarily assigns a color and disallows customizing on a per-track basis). The other---per this thread---is on Facebook my own profile image is displaying instead of the photo associated with the individual track. Which is critical since I am working on a documentary and the person interviewed on the track is dead, and her friends and family especially (as well as anyone else) do not want to see my own goofy gaping grin---but their beloved's image, which is what is associated with that track. I'm fairly appalled. Is soundcloud a nonprofit run by volunteers....? or what's going on?
Mathis wrote:

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on the help forum. I truly understand your frustration about this (I've been there myself actually).

Here's a bit more info in regards to the sharing difficulties with Facebook. I'm hoping it help you to understand why this is so difficult for us to fix. The issue is most often rooted in faulty data information that is stored in Facebook's cache. This makes it hard to troubleshoot from our end, as we cannot access their caches. Our developers are looking into it and I will make sure and forward your concern to stress how important this is. We're hoping to fix this soon.

Also, I will go ahead and update the initial post in this conversation in a moment, as there is actually another way to troubleshoot this for particular tracks. until then, please review this article on our help center. At the very bottom of the article, we explain an advanced method of debugging. It is a bit complex to perform and I'm happy to help with that if you don't succeed (if so, please let me know the link to the track in question and I'll go from here).

Hope this helps to shed some light on this.

Cheers,
Mathis

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? It's astonishing that such a basic issue persists. You want to promote your current work, and I need to indicate that an interview I am uploading is honoring the person interviewed (who is dead, and it's her birthday--her friends and family don't want to see my big toothy profile pic grin). This seems pretty ludicrous.
Mathis wrote:

@singnbob mind putting the link in here so we can take a look at this and see if we can debug this for you from here? Have you tried the steps we recommend in the first post in this conversation?

Cheers,
Mathis

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I am much trouble with this. Wasting my time and getting nowhere!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CAN NOT COVER PHOTO DISPLAY WHEN PUBLISHED IN MY NETWORKS.

CAN NOT COVER PHOTO DISPLAY WHEN PUBLISHED IN MY NETWORKS

I used jpg and png format and nothing
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled artwork.

Ive updated my artwork, but when i share it it still shows the old picture. How long will this take to update?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When I share a set to Facebook the artwork doesn't show up.

When I share a set to Facebook the artwork doesn't show up on Facebook, just a blank box. How can I fix this? I tried sharing directly from SoundCloud and also tried by copy pasting the link. Artwork shows up fine on Soundcloud, just not on Facebook.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem with URL on Facebook.

Please can someone help me , I have share my mix on Facebook but when you press the link it say problem loading URL. can anyone tell how to fix this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
DJ Mark Fennell wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem with URL on Facebook.

Please can someone help me , I have share my mix on Facebook but when you press the link it say problem loading URL. can anyone tell how to fix this.

Hi Mark,

Please try the Facebook debugging tool as described in the original post. Also, please make sure your track is public when you're sharing the public URL. If your track is private, you would need to share the secret link.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problème lecteur Soundcloud sur Facebook..

Bonjour,

lorsque j'essaie de publier ma playlist sur Facebook, il n'y a que l'image de celle ci qui s'affiche et non le lecteur... J'ai tout essayé mais je ne trouve toujours pas!

Est ce que quelqu'un peut me venir en aide?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Artwork Issue.

I changed the artwork for a track and was trying to share it on twitter and facebook but the artwork does not change. It updated on soundcloud but not for facebook or twitter. I am using os x el capitan,version 10.11.Help appreciated.
https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ here you can debug the link of your track by facebook. i think it gives the same for twitter
nope 🙂 doesn't help with this problem, but thanks.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem to sharing on Facebook.

HI, Ihave a problem to sharing a new track on Facebook. I have no picture and no player (plugin) on Facebook. this is the track to share: https://soundcloud.com/dollsofpain/dolls-of-pain-stronger
Could you fix the problem with my picture on facebook please.

https://soundcloud.com/bjamp/soulfinity-radio-night-shift-ep001-including-guestmix-bjamp
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled the artowrk keeps staying the same for all my uploads on facebook, even though it....

i have uploaded two seperate files with different artowrk for each but when i share it on facebook the artowrk for the previous upload comes up on the second upload, why???? im using windows 10.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I've updated my personal photo but it doesn't update at Facebook.

Hi! Please, I updated my personal photo at my profile, but when I share a song or even my soundcloud link, it stilll show the older image... I think that, even the older itens shared, should show the updated image, right? Please, help me! Thanks a lot!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled when i share my link on facebook my old profile picture shows as the picture, how....

sharing image
Jim_floyd wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my picture is not view on facebook... please WHY ? ....

it s not the first time
when i try to share my song on facebook the picture of the song doesnt appear .....
please i pay for that ! and i s change 4 time the picture.... for nothing!

Job opportunityHelp Wanted – Cannabis IT Consultants Wanted
Budtender/Sales Associate,sales representatives.ACCOUNTANTS/Managaer and Trimmer
Contact...russellbillm@gmail.com or call +12082854653
Are you ready to get involved in the fastest growing industry in America?
2016 is going to be the biggest year ever for the Cannabis industry, and
GreenRush is actively recruiting hard-working, energetic and collaboration-oriented
professionals to join our team!
We’re looking for Cannabis professionals of all experience levels from novice to expert.
If you’re committed to providing service with integrity, quality and skill, GreenRush is
interested in you.
Cannabis web services are at an all-time high and IT consultants are keeping it all going.
IT consultants advise cannabis industry clients how to best use information technologies
integrating hardware, software, and networks in strategic ways that have an eye for future
growth and business efficiency. Become a cannabis IT consultant now!

Please email all resumes russellbillm@gmail.com
Mathis wrote:

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on the help forum. I truly understand your frustration about this (I've been there myself actually).

Here's a bit more info in regards to the sharing difficulties with Facebook. I'm hoping it help you to understand why this is so difficult for us to fix. The issue is most often rooted in faulty data information that is stored in Facebook's cache. This makes it hard to troubleshoot from our end, as we cannot access their caches. Our developers are looking into it and I will make sure and forward your concern to stress how important this is. We're hoping to fix this soon.

Also, I will go ahead and update the initial post in this conversation in a moment, as there is actually another way to troubleshoot this for particular tracks. until then, please review this article on our help center. At the very bottom of the article, we explain an advanced method of debugging. It is a bit complex to perform and I'm happy to help with that if you don't succeed (if so, please let me know the link to the track in question and I'll go from here).

Hope this helps to shed some light on this.

Cheers,
Mathis

Job opportunityHelp Wanted – Cannabis IT Consultants Wanted
Budtender/Sales Associate,sales representatives.ACCOUNTANTS/Managaer and Trimmer
Contact...russellbillm@gmail.com or call +12082854653
Are you ready to get involved in the fastest growing industry in America?
2016 is going to be the biggest year ever for the Cannabis industry, and
GreenRush is actively recruiting hard-working, energetic and collaboration-oriented
professionals to join our team!
We’re looking for Cannabis professionals of all experience levels from novice to expert.
If you’re committed to providing service with integrity, quality and skill, GreenRush is
interested in you.
Cannabis web services are at an all-time high and IT consultants are keeping it all going.
IT consultants advise cannabis industry clients how to best use information technologies
integrating hardware, software, and networks in strategic ways that have an eye for future
growth and business efficiency. Become a cannabis IT consultant now!

Please email all resumes russellbillm@gmail.com
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Changed artwork on track and old artwork appears when sharing via social media ne....

HI, I recently changed the artwork for individual tracks that I've uploaded, but when I share the tracks via social media the old artwork appears still? I've looked at the previous posts on this subject and tried a few of the recommendations to resolve the problem, but I'm still having no luck...any advice? Cheers
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Artwork not displaying.

Hey, I'm trying to share a track I created on facebook. It has cover art but when it posts on facebook, the songs cover art is my soundcloud profile picture. Any help?
@SOUNDCLOUD ---R/EVOLUTION TIME--- WE ARE TAKING BACK WHAT IS OURS !!! - MUSIC FOR THE WORLD --- https://JUSTTAGIT.IO --- GET UR HASHTAG AND HELP SPREAD MUSIC WITHOUT BORDERS !!! spread this !