Question

Soundcloud does not load track on IE11 with latest Flash (19.0.0.185)

• 8 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Attempting to embed Soundcloud widget and link to a specify track in my account does not work in IE, it simply loads the Soundcloud logo. As reported by many others alternate browsers are fine.

I have loaded the latest version of flash and checked there are no offending add-ins, as mentioned in your responses to other posts. All to no avail. I have checked with all our band colleagues and they all have the same problems with IE, so I'm at a loss. I can't alienate all our followers that have IE so unless there is a resolution we'll have to switch services elsewhere.

I have a simple page set-up for demonstration if it helps: http://www.soul-rites.com/test.html

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Soul Rites,

Hmm, let's see. Nothing obvious that I can see, however I noticed that you have set the embedded player to 80% on the height parameter. Can you try adjusting this to 100%, or an actual number, such as 166 (default size), to see if this changes things?

Let us know if this changes anything.

Other then that, if this does not help, please let us know which version of IE it is you're using so we can see if we can set up the necessary testing environment from over here.

Cheers
Mathis
Same thing happens on the default size (ie. with your pre-generated embedding code). Current client set-up is Win7/IE11.0.9600 with latest Flash player.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Same thing happens on the default size (ie. with your pre-generated embedding code). Current client set-up is Win7/IE11.0.9600 with latest Flash player.

Thanks

Hi again Soul Rites,

Thanks for the follow up. Have you tried adjusting the height manually?

When you're pasting the default embed code on a page like this one, is the outcome also faulty?

Thanks

Hi Mathis

Thanks for your suggestions. Adjusting the height and width doesn't make a difference but dropping the embed code into the real-time HTML editor DID WORK 🙂 So going through a process of code elimination I found an errant http-equiv="X-UA-COMPATIBLE" content="IE=7" on this page which caused the problem.

Thanks for your patience.

Barry (Soul Rites)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks

Ahhhh, perfect! It looks like this caused for your browser to emulate IE7, which is quite old and outdated, and that's what probably caused the issue.

Thanks for following up on this here, maybe it'll help others with similar questions.

Happy embedding :-)

Cheers
Mathis