Question

SoundCloud player issues with Facebook

Show first post

71 replies

same issue....
New SoundCloud Pro user with the same issue
Userlevel 1
That's so sad... No response from the SC team making of this a complete joke. There are so many people wanting to share their tracks without forcing the public to be redirected to another page. Is it so hard to have the previous player back? C'mon guys!
no response from SC? Why? same issue...
Same issue here, I think I will simply stop my subscription to SC.
i dont understand why this is issue is so confusing to sc, WE ARE NOT HAVING ISSUES SHARING. THAT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TASK FROM WHICH THE OP IS POSTING HIS CONCERN OVER, THE ISSUE IS SIMPLE THE EMBED CODE THAT ALLOWS A CLICKABLE PLAYER TO PLAY WITHIN FB IS NOT WORKING, YOU CAN ONLY DUBUG A URL NOT AN EMBED CODE, WE DO NOT WANT LINKS TO OUR SONGS ....FORCING PEOPLE TO GO TO YOUR WEBSITE TO VIEW OUR TRACKS......IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT LESS PEOPLE WANT TO LEAVE ONE SITE AND GO TO ANOTHER SITE JUST TO HEAR A SONG.........THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE AND NO WHERE IS THERE A SOLID RESPONCE FROM SC TO AS HOW TO FIX IT......WE ARE NOT SEEING THE WRONG IMAGE WE ARE EMBEDDING YOUR VISUAL PLAYER AND THE ONLY THING THAT ENDS UP POSTING IS A BOX THAT SAYS SOUNDCLOUD WIDGET AND RAW CODE .....THAT IS THE ISSUE PLAIN AND SIMPLE, IT USED TO WORK BUT NOW NOTHING, NO MATTER WHAT WE DO....DEBUGGING IS FOR WHEN YOU MAKE A CHANGE TO A TRACK AFTER YOU POSTED IT ALREADY TO FACEBOOK, BECAUSE SOMETIMES FACEBOOK DOESNT RECOGNIZE THE CHANGE SO YOU DEBUG THE LINK TO THE TRACK AND IT WILL THEN FIX THE ISSUE.......THIS IS REGARDING SPECIFICALLY THE IN POST VISUAL PLAYER THROUGH THE EMBED OPTION NOT WORKING, ANY REAL HELP WOULD BE AWESOME....THANKS!
Yea thanks sound cloud! for becoming less functional, who needs simple useful functions like that. pepole are so spoiled these days, "wahhhh i want embedding, embedding is broken wahhhh...". bunch whiners! I don't even know what embedding does probably something useless any way, so much whining about nothing!
Userlevel 1
if this is not fixed im leaving the platform, im a paid user since 5 years, this is unacceptable
If i knew it was gonna take so long , i would have learned programing and fixed it 2 years ago.
Is this gonna take 5 more years to fix it, or should i start learning programing?
Here is the answer from Soundcloud, http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/873324-how-do-i-share-to-facebook- it is just another sketchy growth hacking trick.
Who knows Platforms that can do embed player in FB like soundcloud before?
Userlevel 1
Why is this thread marked as "solved" in first place?

Nice technical assistance SC, ignoring your users for one year already.
same problem and noticed the last track I posted doesn't have next or near the amount of listens I would normally get. people will not link to a new site to listen to tracks. they want the ability to just hit play when it pops up on its feed. SIMPLE. the way it used to be. SC sucks
THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I STARTED USING SOUND CLOUD AND NOW IT DOES NOT WORK, GOOD WORK FUCKING UP MY MUSICAL CARER SOUND CLOUD
Soundcloud is a DISSAPOINTMENT!!!
I never got the number of listens I used to have. Nobody likes opening links outside of facebook especially when using mobile. I don't think we're going to get a solution anytime soon. Might as well look for other venues for sharing our music.
Sound Cloud what is up with your silence on this. I been using SC for years. I found my way here through a google search as I couldn't work out why I am unable to post embedded tracks on my FB page. Thats how I roll. Apparently after reading the other comments I'm not alone. I guess its time to seek another platform if one exists.
looking for another way of sharing my music sound cloud now sucks no one trust a link that opens another page to many viruses and hacks out there bring back the player
Userlevel 5
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just shared the same track and was able to play it normally from my Facebook timeline. Can you give it a try in another browser? If the problems still persists, then can you please describe the steps you are taking to produce this error?

Hopefully we can get this solved quickly for you!

Best,
Gina

Hi Gina,

I see this issue has become much worse since the original post a year ago, because SC has now removed the embedded player feature when sharing to FB. Now whenever I share my tracks, my friends complain that they "can't play it" and I have to tell them they need a SC account these days.

So it seems SC has not just made things more difficult, but doubly difficult... 1) no more embedded player shares, and 2) people with no SC account can't even play the track by clicking the link!

On top of SC deactivating the ability for people to leave comments when using the mobile app... I barely see the point of SC any more. Who makes these terrible decisions?
SuperSexy collective is not just band it is a state of mind.
We are proud to bringing you the sophisticated listener!
The sexiest sounds available today.
And invite you to be a part of the artistic experience.
Happy listening adventures LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!!

We are also proud to present many gifted Soundcloud friends
Take a listen to many really great supersexy, incredible, amazing, tracks in our "LIKE" section.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Experience the raw sound experiment of the SupeRSexY collective chefs of staff, of the SupeRSexY band union.
SupeRSexY is an Anti-corporate
musical authority. Above all other poser corporations.
With no affiliation to any major greedy record publisher.
(Please do not contact us any more SATAN!!)
Power and freedom of expression to all the free supersexy creative people
out there, May the forces of beauty and justice be with you.

We believe that the CD's recordings are the thing of the past.
All the materials here are FREE to download for your listening pleasure.

SupeRSexY Sounding Incredible Fantastical Exploding Colorful Fiery Vibrational Sound Systems
https://soundcloud.com/supersexyband
looking for another way of sharing my music sound cloud now sucks no one trust a link that opens another page to many viruses and hacks out there bring back the player
You should sue them for fucking up musical career
Sound Cloud what is up with your silence on this. I been using SC for years. I found my way here through a google search as I couldn't work out why I am unable to post embedded tracks on my FB page. Thats how I roll. Apparently after reading the other comments I'm not alone. I guess its time to seek another platform if one exists.
Thay ignore you like you don't mater, you should sue them.
I never got the number of listens I used to have. Nobody likes opening links outside of facebook especially when using mobile. I don't think we're going to get a solution anytime soon. Might as well look for other venues for sharing our music.
They ruined you economically. you should sue them.