Question

SoundCloud player issues with Facebook

Show first post

71 replies

Userlevel 1
i dont understand why this is issue is so confusing to sc, WE ARE NOT HAVING ISSUES SHARING. THAT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TASK FROM WHICH THE OP IS POSTING HIS CONCERN OVER, THE ISSUE IS SIMPLE THE EMBED CODE THAT ALLOWS A CLICKABLE PLAYER TO PLAY WITHIN FB IS NOT WORKING, YOU CAN ONLY DUBUG A URL NOT AN EMBED CODE, WE DO NOT WANT LINKS TO OUR SONGS ....FORCING PEOPLE TO GO TO YOUR WEBSITE TO VIEW OUR TRACKS......IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT LESS PEOPLE WANT TO LEAVE ONE SITE AND GO TO ANOTHER SITE JUST TO HEAR A SONG.........THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE AND NO WHERE IS THERE A SOLID RESPONCE FROM SC TO AS HOW TO FIX IT......WE ARE NOT SEEING THE WRONG IMAGE WE ARE EMBEDDING YOUR VISUAL PLAYER AND THE ONLY THING THAT ENDS UP POSTING IS A BOX THAT SAYS SOUNDCLOUD WIDGET AND RAW CODE .....THAT IS THE ISSUE PLAIN AND SIMPLE, IT USED TO WORK BUT NOW NOTHING, NO MATTER WHAT WE DO....DEBUGGING IS FOR WHEN YOU MAKE A CHANGE TO A TRACK AFTER YOU POSTED IT ALREADY TO FACEBOOK, BECAUSE SOMETIMES FACEBOOK DOESNT RECOGNIZE THE CHANGE SO YOU DEBUG THE LINK TO THE TRACK AND IT WILL THEN FIX THE ISSUE.......THIS IS REGARDING SPECIFICALLY THE IN POST VISUAL PLAYER THROUGH THE EMBED OPTION NOT WORKING, ANY REAL HELP WOULD BE AWESOME....THANKS!
Still no response from the SC team? That is really sad... I've been using SC for 3 years now and already bought the pro program a few times, but now I'm reconsidering everything due to this sharing bug with facebook. How can I connect my fanbase with my songs if I'm sure they probably are not going to click to open a new tab? ....
i dont understand why this is issue is so confusing to sc, WE ARE NOT HAVING ISSUES SHARING. THAT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TASK FROM WHICH THE OP IS POSTING HIS CONCERN OVER, THE ISSUE IS SIMPLE THE EMBED CODE THAT ALLOWS A CLICKABLE PLAYER TO PLAY WITHIN FB IS NOT WORKING, YOU CAN ONLY DUBUG A URL NOT AN EMBED CODE, WE DO NOT WANT LINKS TO OUR SONGS ....FORCING PEOPLE TO GO TO YOUR WEBSITE TO VIEW OUR TRACKS......IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT LESS PEOPLE WANT TO LEAVE ONE SITE AND GO TO ANOTHER SITE JUST TO HEAR A SONG.........THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE AND NO WHERE IS THERE A SOLID RESPONCE FROM SC TO AS HOW TO FIX IT......WE ARE NOT SEEING THE WRONG IMAGE WE ARE EMBEDDING YOUR VISUAL PLAYER AND THE ONLY THING THAT ENDS UP POSTING IS A BOX THAT SAYS SOUNDCLOUD WIDGET AND RAW CODE .....THAT IS THE ISSUE PLAIN AND SIMPLE, IT USED TO WORK BUT NOW NOTHING, NO MATTER WHAT WE DO....DEBUGGING IS FOR WHEN YOU MAKE A CHANGE TO A TRACK AFTER YOU POSTED IT ALREADY TO FACEBOOK, BECAUSE SOMETIMES FACEBOOK DOESNT RECOGNIZE THE CHANGE SO YOU DEBUG THE LINK TO THE TRACK AND IT WILL THEN FIX THE ISSUE.......THIS IS REGARDING SPECIFICALLY THE IN POST VISUAL PLAYER THROUGH THE EMBED OPTION NOT WORKING, ANY REAL HELP WOULD BE AWESOME....THANKS!
yup, having the same problem. was there a fix to this ?
or is everyone leaving soundcloud because everything thats happening ? lol
Yes thats my problem too!!!!!
with Google+ there is no problem. I think its a problem of FB but the Question is: Can you solve the problem????
I'm having this exact problem. It will no longer render to a player on Facebook when I share, embed or manually copy the link and paste. So people no longer can play my songs directly on Facebook. Instead they have to follow the link.
THIS is the issue, WTF is SoundCloud doing since 1 year?
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/s...
Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Why has this been marked as solved? - This is still clearly an issue for a number of people
Hi there,

More info around the current situation with Facebook sharing can be found [filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][page]=4#topic-reply-list]here.
If you're seeing the wrong image when you're sharing your track to Facebook, then this is due to Facebook's cache and can usually be sorted via their debugging tool.
Userlevel 3
Why has this been marked as solved? - This is still clearly an issue for a number of people
Indeed! I'm getting a sense that tells me SC either 1) does not have the personnel to debug this problem, or 2) SC has a completely different perception of its service and role than so many of the subscribers do.
Userlevel 3
Userlevel 3
">Can this be done without sharing everything I post on SC? And for some reason I don't see the FB share icon.
Hi Mathis. Attempted to use a) and it brought up a banner that said "SoundCloud, Listen to the worlds sounds." When clicked, that bounced me to a new tab/window that displayed the song via the SoundCloud website. Here is the link I'm trying to post:

https://soundcloud.com/insyncmusic/ho...

If you have a fix that you can teach me, I would begin implementing it.

Thanks again for your time.

Rick
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
">Can this be done without sharing everything I post on SC? And for some reason I don't see the FB share icon.
Least I could do 🙂
Userlevel 3
Thank you so much for some genuine guidance. Mathis. I will try your suggestions and let you know what happens. Greatly appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Just read through your previous correspondence with Gina. Couple things I'd like to clarify to help get this going for you again :-)

a) If you decide to manually share something through the status field on your Facebook timeline, please use the direct URL of the track or playlist, not the so called "Embed code" that you see upon clicking the share button. Just go to the track or playlist you want to share, then copy the link that you see on your browser's address field and paste this link into the status field on Facebook.
b) Another option to share your track to Facebook is - as Gina mentioned correctly, to connect the account to Facebook. You can then choose which information you want to have shared to Facebook automatically in your account settings. However, this is not mandatory to get the embedded player over to Facebook, and if you're used to the way you did this before, I'd recommend to try option a) first.

Now, if this still is not working for you and the link still does not render into the embedded player, then this might be due to how Facebook has cached information about that particular track on their end. There are a couple of things you can try if this is the case, as outlined here. Alternatively, feel free to reply here and provide the track in question and I'll be happy to do the debugging in this specific case for you :-)

Hope this helps! Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 3
Can this be done without sharing everything I post on SC? And for some reason I don't see the FB share icon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi In Sync,

The short link was removed. Also, Facebook can sometimes have a difficult time reading links and will post a redirect link instead of an in-feed play option. I'm afraid we cannot help that. To guarantee in feed playback you will need to share to FB using the direct share to button.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Best,
Gina
Userlevel 3
Hello again. Were you able to arrive at a conclusion that might help us out here?
Userlevel 3
">I'm not sure which track you are referring to above.

My usual sharing method is to go to the actual track itself and use the "share" icon below it. Then I simply copy and paste the link into a Facebook post and prior to now, a SoundCloud player would display which was playable from the Facebook timeline. I will attempt to repost a track using Safari and Chrome. I usually use Firefox.

Your attention and help is appreciated.

Rick

Thanks, Gina. I prefer not to integrate my Soundcloud and Facebook accts, because I don't want to share everything I post to SC. Only specific and occasional tracks. SC is an invaluable asset for us to update our clients on various projects privately. Is there a difference between my method of sharing the posts and hitting the FB link? By the way, just curious about the former short link option which was extremely convenient for us. Has it been eliminated?

Again your help is sincerely appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
">I'm not sure which track you are referring to above.

My usual sharing method is to go to the actual track itself and use the "share" icon below it. Then I simply copy and paste the link into a Facebook post and prior to now, a SoundCloud player would display which was playable from the Facebook timeline. I will attempt to repost a track using Safari and Chrome. I usually use Firefox.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Is there a reason you do not hit 'Share' then hit the FB icon? These are the steps I took to share the track.

-G
Userlevel 3
I'm not sure which track you are referring to above.

Rick
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just shared the same track and was able to play it normally from my Facebook timeline. Can you give it a try in another browser? If the problems still persists, then can you please describe the steps you are taking to produce this error?

Hopefully we can get this solved quickly for you!

Best,
Gina