Question

SoundCloud player issues with Facebook

Userlevel 3
I've had a Pro account with SoundCloud for a couple of years. I use it in conjunction with my production company exclusively. It has been an invaluable help to us until recently, and I would gladly continue to renew my membership.

Up until the last few days, I've been able to post a song to my Facebook timeline which was playable from the post itself without kicking the listener to another tab or new window and SoundCloud's website. The "player" itself would be embedded on the timeline in one variation or another, and NOT just the link to the track. I've read several round about fixes, but have had no success with any of them.

My last question is with regard to the "short link" that used to be available. I'm no longer seeing that particular option. Has it been eliminated?

Your advice and assistance with this is sincerely appreciated.

71 replies

Userlevel 1
i dont understand why this is issue is so confusing to sc, WE ARE NOT HAVING ISSUES SHARING. THAT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TASK FROM WHICH THE OP IS POSTING HIS CONCERN OVER, THE ISSUE IS SIMPLE THE EMBED CODE THAT ALLOWS A CLICKABLE PLAYER TO PLAY WITHIN FB IS NOT WORKING, YOU CAN ONLY DUBUG A URL NOT AN EMBED CODE, WE DO NOT WANT LINKS TO OUR SONGS ....FORCING PEOPLE TO GO TO YOUR WEBSITE TO VIEW OUR TRACKS......IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT LESS PEOPLE WANT TO LEAVE ONE SITE AND GO TO ANOTHER SITE JUST TO HEAR A SONG.........THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE AND NO WHERE IS THERE A SOLID RESPONCE FROM SC TO AS HOW TO FIX IT......WE ARE NOT SEEING THE WRONG IMAGE WE ARE EMBEDDING YOUR VISUAL PLAYER AND THE ONLY THING THAT ENDS UP POSTING IS A BOX THAT SAYS SOUNDCLOUD WIDGET AND RAW CODE .....THAT IS THE ISSUE PLAIN AND SIMPLE, IT USED TO WORK BUT NOW NOTHING, NO MATTER WHAT WE DO....DEBUGGING IS FOR WHEN YOU MAKE A CHANGE TO A TRACK AFTER YOU POSTED IT ALREADY TO FACEBOOK, BECAUSE SOMETIMES FACEBOOK DOESNT RECOGNIZE THE CHANGE SO YOU DEBUG THE LINK TO THE TRACK AND IT WILL THEN FIX THE ISSUE.......THIS IS REGARDING SPECIFICALLY THE IN POST VISUAL PLAYER THROUGH THE EMBED OPTION NOT WORKING, ANY REAL HELP WOULD BE AWESOME....THANKS!

Userlevel 3
Why has this been marked as solved? - This is still clearly an issue for a number of people
HEY GUYS I HAVE A FIX!!!!!!
You have to use "soundcloudx.com" as a work around.
Visit dude's site: https://soundcloudx.com/
Userlevel 1
I stopped renewing my yearly account because of this, feel like I'm paying them for nothing if they can't fix one simple and important problem, it makes me sad cuz i have one track hidden which has the best stats at 22k plays, but screw it I'm not paying soundcloud anymore, will consider later if this issue gets fixed
It's pretty simple - the WHY. SC got greedy. They think they can attract and retain longer viewership times from visitors if they get someone to click on a post and travel here. What they don't understand in their misguided thinking is that people just won't come here for that. People see a post, not a embedded stream, so they don't click on it. This honestly goes against everything soundcloud was built upon. The popularity of the site is tied to it's player. Pure and simple. By not supporting the largest social network on the internet they've essentially written it off. I'm sure they think that, some hits from FB and new visitors is better than just having streams all over the place...which is absurd and goes against the whole idea of SC being a social network site. It also accounts for the drop in brand recognition and brand taste/loyalty.

SC teeters on the edge of being the future-proof dominate audio social networking/streaming site ..but they're one decent competitor away from becoming another myspace. For some people they feel an obligation to have some sort of presence here - but that's it..a PRESENCE. SC has lost its luster and is no longer hip. The dropping of the FB player (blaming it on FB's rules is a stubborn lie) is a perfect demonstration of why that is. Posts don't do any outreach and are essentially seen by many as spam... players don't have that affect because they don't disrupt the persons current involvement on another site (FB in this case).

Hopefully I'm totally wrong, but only action by SC can say otherwise. I don't plan on renewing my main account. It's not worth it anymore.. for what? SPOTLIGHT? Give me a break.
">Can this be done without sharing everything I post on SC? And for some reason I don't see the FB share icon.
That really sucks that you took the facebook capability away. People are far less likely to goto another page to listen verses clicking play and hearing the music. I understand that you all want the web traffic directed to your site..... but you are now forcing people to go back to youtube.com to have more listeners. I guess thats where I will be posting future music...............
Userlevel 3
Why has this been marked as solved? - This is still clearly an issue for a number of people
Indeed! I'm getting a sense that tells me SC either 1) does not have the personnel to debug this problem, or 2) SC has a completely different perception of its service and role than so many of the subscribers do.
i dont understand why this is issue is so confusing to sc, WE ARE NOT HAVING ISSUES SHARING. THAT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TASK FROM WHICH THE OP IS POSTING HIS CONCERN OVER, THE ISSUE IS SIMPLE THE EMBED CODE THAT ALLOWS A CLICKABLE PLAYER TO PLAY WITHIN FB IS NOT WORKING, YOU CAN ONLY DUBUG A URL NOT AN EMBED CODE, WE DO NOT WANT LINKS TO OUR SONGS ....FORCING PEOPLE TO GO TO YOUR WEBSITE TO VIEW OUR TRACKS......IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT LESS PEOPLE WANT TO LEAVE ONE SITE AND GO TO ANOTHER SITE JUST TO HEAR A SONG.........THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE AND NO WHERE IS THERE A SOLID RESPONCE FROM SC TO AS HOW TO FIX IT......WE ARE NOT SEEING THE WRONG IMAGE WE ARE EMBEDDING YOUR VISUAL PLAYER AND THE ONLY THING THAT ENDS UP POSTING IS A BOX THAT SAYS SOUNDCLOUD WIDGET AND RAW CODE .....THAT IS THE ISSUE PLAIN AND SIMPLE, IT USED TO WORK BUT NOW NOTHING, NO MATTER WHAT WE DO....DEBUGGING IS FOR WHEN YOU MAKE A CHANGE TO A TRACK AFTER YOU POSTED IT ALREADY TO FACEBOOK, BECAUSE SOMETIMES FACEBOOK DOESNT RECOGNIZE THE CHANGE SO YOU DEBUG THE LINK TO THE TRACK AND IT WILL THEN FIX THE ISSUE.......THIS IS REGARDING SPECIFICALLY THE IN POST VISUAL PLAYER THROUGH THE EMBED OPTION NOT WORKING, ANY REAL HELP WOULD BE AWESOME....THANKS!
Yes thats my problem too!!!!!
with Google+ there is no problem. I think its a problem of FB but the Question is: Can you solve the problem????
THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I STARTED USING SOUND CLOUD AND NOW IT DOES NOT WORK, GOOD WORK FUCKING UP MY MUSICAL CARER SOUND CLOUD
Userlevel 5
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just shared the same track and was able to play it normally from my Facebook timeline. Can you give it a try in another browser? If the problems still persists, then can you please describe the steps you are taking to produce this error?

Hopefully we can get this solved quickly for you!

Best,
Gina

Hi Gina,

I see this issue has become much worse since the original post a year ago, because SC has now removed the embedded player feature when sharing to FB. Now whenever I share my tracks, my friends complain that they "can't play it" and I have to tell them they need a SC account these days.

So it seems SC has not just made things more difficult, but doubly difficult... 1) no more embedded player shares, and 2) people with no SC account can't even play the track by clicking the link!

On top of SC deactivating the ability for people to leave comments when using the mobile app... I barely see the point of SC any more. Who makes these terrible decisions?
Sound Cloud what is up with your silence on this. I been using SC for years. I found my way here through a google search as I couldn't work out why I am unable to post embedded tracks on my FB page. Thats how I roll. Apparently after reading the other comments I'm not alone. I guess its time to seek another platform if one exists.
I never got the number of listens I used to have. Nobody likes opening links outside of facebook especially when using mobile. I don't think we're going to get a solution anytime soon. Might as well look for other venues for sharing our music.
Userlevel 3
Greetings,

We posted the original inquiry regarding what appears to be a fairly widespread sentiment among the users and supporters (read: paid subscribers) of SoundCloud's platform. The particularly odd component with this issue is the direct statement from SoundCloud that the problem is specifically due to their inability to create a player that is compatible with FaceBook's algorithm which apparently blocks the inline player from functioning properly on a FaceBook timeline. The reason I find this strange is that after using another platform, HEARTHIS.AT, their inline player functions exactly as SC's did originally. This precipitates the thought that there is something more to the story than we (again, the paid subscribers) are getting, from an apathetic technical support team. We have, in spite of all the above, maintained a presence on SC to store privately some of the work we do here, and to take advantage of being able to share our mixes with the artists we produce (again, privately). We utilize Dropbox for the same reasons, which is probably redundant, but there are so many music professionals who use DB exclusively that we deemed it necessary.
AND we are using HEARTHIS.AT or YOUTUBE and VEVO for inline player applications on social media and artist websites.

It would be our preference to still be able to use the SC inline player as we found it to be extremely useful and had an appealing array of visual design choices available to the subscriber. The next time I am in the vicinity of SC's headquarters, a strikingly modern structure if the images I've seen are authentic, in Munich if I remember correctly, I'd love the opportunity to take a tour.

Kind regards and good luck to everyone.

ISMP
Userlevel 3
">Can this be done without sharing everything I post on SC? And for some reason I don't see the FB share icon.
Thank you so much for some genuine guidance. Mathis. I will try your suggestions and let you know what happens. Greatly appreciated.
People still can't play my songs without being redirected to the soundcloud page. This is frustrating... The SC player widget no longer appears on my facebook timeline like it used to.
HORRIBLE move by soundcloud, one of the worst design decisions in the social networking industry ever.
I never got the number of listens I used to have. Nobody likes opening links outside of facebook especially when using mobile. I don't think we're going to get a solution anytime soon. Might as well look for other venues for sharing our music.
Soundcloud is a bothomless blackhole sucking the life out of artists.
Userlevel 1
if this is not fixed im leaving the platform, im a paid user since 5 years, this is unacceptable
Soundcloud still failed to fixed this. I'm telling you again soundcloud, you are utterly useless without this feature.
The problem is that everyone else on soundcloud is an aspiring musician as well. It's impossible to stand out between millions of other aspiring musicians. Embedded play in facebook or twitter is the only way to share with people that matter to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Least I could do 🙂
Well, here is a pain in the butt way...upload to YouTube and Embed from there...........
If i knew it was gonna take so long , i would have learned programing and fixed it 2 years ago.
Is this gonna take 5 more years to fix it, or should i start learning programing?
same issue....
yup, having the same problem. was there a fix to this ?
or is everyone leaving soundcloud because everything thats happening ? lol