SoundCloud URL on Facebook about page

• 9 February 2017
  • 5 replies

hi!
to shorten the url doesnt help

are we talking about the same link location?

facebook profile / about / website and social links

see my attached screenshot

what did you put there? for instagram i put just my username and it works. for soundcloud it doesnt work with the username, email, url ..

thanks for your help!

5 replies

whe i put the soundcloud url

https://soundcloud.com/andrewunstorf

it is visilbe, but its not a link i can click on like for the other social services

this is my facebook profile
https://www.facebook.com/andrewunstorf/about
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @andrew,

Turns out we were indeed talking about two different locations - on SoundCloud, you have the option to provide web links to your other websites, such as your Facebook profile. On Facebook, you have sort of the same option. However, if and how this works is determined by Facebook.

I've looked into this for you and it looks like your SoundCloud profile URL would rather go into the "Websites" section on Facebook rather then in the "Social Links" section. I've set this up for myself and SoundCloud shows up properly as a link in the Website section for me 🙂

Hope this helps! :-)

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: Here's a screenshot of how this looks once you've clicked on "Edit your contact and basic info" on Your own Facebook page.

Hi everyone,

Indeed the solution Mathis gave works, but it's not completely satisfying as then the URL displayed on the profile is longer and then less elegant. It's strange that the hyperlink as social link doesn't work for soundcloud, but still the possibility of creating it exists. We should try to create a question for that in the Facebook help community ?

Best regards,
Hi everyone,

Indeed the solution Mathis gave works, but it's not completely satisfying as then the URL displayed on the profile is longer and then less elegant. It's strange that the hyperlink as social link doesn't work for soundcloud, but still the possibility of creating it exists. We should try to create a question for that in the Facebook help community ?

Best regards,

And moreover, the Soundcloud logo does not appear as for other social links...
I hope they'll fix this soon. The whole URL really doesn't look so elegant and yeah the missing logo is also kind of a bummer. Agreed!