Question

Squarespace Embed Player and art issue

Hi, I want to embed my player into squarespace not just one track. When I attempt to embed the player it says it is invalid. So I am stuck adding a link and the artwork looks abysmal. I selected the 2nd option when it comes to embedding and it is not working for me on any level. Please assist. Oh and the more options setting only gives me comment and color options. Thanks!

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm having this issue now. I am trying to embed a soundcloud player on a wordpress site. I prefer the classic player, because the new one crops the photo. The code changes but it looks the same embedded on my site.
Hi Nicholas,

Can you let us know the embed code you're using, as well as sending over a screenshot of how it then looks on your website? Also, what's the URL of your website?
I'm having this issue now. I am trying to embed a soundcloud player on a wordpress site. I prefer the classic player, because the new one crops the photo. The code changes but it looks the same embedded on my site.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Just wondering if there was any progress on this case? I've done some research about Squarespace and they provide a pretty good documentation on how to embed a SoundCloud player on your website.

You can find the documentation here. If this still doesn't help, please provide the link to your website so we can investigate this for you further.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 5
Badge
what is your soundcloud user url?
though you cant see it change, but the embed code changes when you click the different type of embed option.

I still see my big head, Maybe it's my browswer? I've been at it all day. I think I'm going to try tomorrow. I can't thank you enough for trying to help me out. You are beyond kind and patient.
Userlevel 5
Badge
so if you copy and paste the code it gives you there, what do you get?
I would like my player to look like this

Userlevel 5
Badge
what title are you looking for... everything looks correct there to me....
I changed the logo again but It's still just my big ol' head no title :(

https://soundcloud.com/deetales-1 sorry i was so late replying!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Yes. Image aside I can't get the option to use the classic player and I'm a pro unlimited member. If I could get my player to look like the classic I would be content
Userlevel 5
Badge
is the uploaded artwork high resolution?
Thanks, the link works but the artwork looks horrible. I use SC to host my itunes, stitcher and tune in and everything looks great there unless I try to embed.
Userlevel 5
Badge
does it work on other sites? if so, you might want to take it up with squarespace support.