Question

Technical Problems sharing track on Facebook

Userlevel 2
When sharing to Facebook no player button appears on the track's image. I tried the embed code and only the HTML stuff appeared. I'm using

MAC OS X 10.6.8 with the latest Firefox

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Kathy,

Facebook shares now render as a redirect link instead of an embedded player.

Thanks,
Gina
@Gina, thank you, was looking for this confirmation. But now suddenly another issue appeared i seem to be getting security alerts for any sound cloud link i try sharing on FB. Please assist! Claudia/ radio continental drift
Boooo. Was much better when it did embed and could be played straight from the channel. I personally think this will stop sharing on facebook from being as effective as the lazy listeners won't bother going to the link to check it out that would listen when they could just click play.

Had noticed the change and been wondering about this.
Userlevel 2
@Gina, thank you, was looking for this confirmation. But now suddenly another issue appeared i seem to be getting security alerts for any sound cloud link i try sharing on FB. Please assist! Claudia/ radio continental drift
im getting them too
Boooo. Was much better when it did embed and could be played straight from the channel. I personally think this will stop sharing on facebook from being as effective as the lazy listeners won't bother going to the link to check it out that would listen when they could just click play.

I agree. Whats the point of being able to Share/Embed if it just redirects back to the website. It makes it no different to just posting the URL. If you want people to listen to your music, make it easy for them to do it while exploring so they can just hit play right there. Don't make it so they're being redirected, and forced away from what they were doing in the first place, that's just annoying. Very bad update.
Hi Kathy,

Thanks,
Gina

Is there a way to not redirect? This update is totally inconvenient. Whats the score on getting it back to how it used to be?
Userlevel 5
This place has gone to pot im afraid,the lunatics have took over,soooo many issues and problems on these help pages,theyve proper ruinned this place
Seriouly Soundcloud nobody wants this update! Pay the money to Facebook & set it back to render links as media players in Facebook posts. We dont want this link method, it sucks. We want people to play our tracks straight from the Facebook post. Any usability study will tell you that is the way listeners want it aswell. No one wants to have to make extra clicks & navigate away from the site. You are going to kill artists with this not improve things.
Userlevel 5
Also would like to add since this has changed i dont have anyone that is viewing from facebook,my listener count has gone down about 60%
Hi Kathy,

Thanks,
Gina

Will this change back or is this it? I guess it's time to upload my songs to facebook as video.
Userlevel 2
Hi Kathy,

Thanks,
Gina

is there some way to have a Soundcloud player like the You Tube player? (which plays on FB but gives an option to switch into You-Tube, without re-starting) Then people could have a choice about whether they just listen to the player on FB or pay a visit to Soundcloud
THIS IS SO ANNOYING!!!! I WANT MY SONG IN THERE FACES!!! NO ONE HAS TIME TO REDIRECT!!!! ARGHH
😞
Hi Kathy,

Thanks,
Gina

@Gina, when will the original functionality be restored? I am not going to be sharing my songs via Facebook if there is no player, because it's a better user experience to do so directly in FB.

Bandcamp still embeds, that's been the suggestion I've received when asking about this originally on facebook. I like Soundcloud but yeah, this may drive me back to uploading on YouTube and sharing things that way.
Hi Kathy,

Thanks,
Gina

There is absolutely no use for SoundCloud if it won't play directly IN Facebook.
Userlevel 2
[filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][page]=8#topic-reply-list]https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/protesting-recent-soundcloud-decision-to-chang...