Question

The embedded facebook newsfeed audio player is broken.. it now just says "Download file"

I used to be able to share a soundcloud page and it would embed an audio player right into facebook. This is apparently broken. See attached screenshot:

See screenshot:
http://screencast.com/t/uruq4uOzrq

Here's the soundcloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/jonathan-block-1/bohemian-rhapsody-day-7

23 replies

I have the exact same problem.
None of my own tracks can be shared on FB, other tracks are no problem.

Any suggestions please?
Hello There!... Well...You're not the only one having this kind of problems! "ME TOO!"... Sounds to me that the money that we pay each month to SOUNDCLOUD is only for us to see our tracks blocked, or for uploads problems!... or be constantly harassed by SoundClound with their nasty messages, full of hypocrisy!... Just to make me remember that my track was blocked on my profile and that i paid ONLY for my music be constantly blocked!!! "I just can't wait to cancel my payment to them at the end of the month!" Amen!!! 😉

I have the same problem!
Same here... Since last night, i can't share on fb. "Download file" is only displayed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi all,

Thank you for posting this question. We reproduced the behaviour and reported this to our engineers that look after our Facebook integration. We recently had a similar problem which was due to changes made on Facebook's side that resulted in us building an update to maintain compatibility. Hopefully we can solve this quickly for you all.

Apologies for the inconvenience, I will be sure to update this thread when I have more information.

Best,
Gina
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello There!... Well...You're not the only one having this kind of problems! "ME TOO!"... Sounds to me that the money that we pay each month to SOUNDCLOUD is only for us to see our tracks blocked, or for uploads problems!... or be constantly harassed by SoundClound with their nasty messages, full of hypocrisy!... Just to make me remember that my track was blocked on my profile and that i paid ONLY for my music be constantly blocked!!! "I just can't wait to cancel my payment to them at the end of the month!" Amen!!! 😉
Hi Will,

You certainly don't sound happy. How exactly can I help? Is there an upload that is not working or a takedown on your account that was inaccurate? I would be happy to fast track a dispute for you. Also, what harassing or nasty messages are you referring to? The last thing we want is to mistreat our community. Feel free to get back to me with a private post if you prefer.

Again, I am happy to listen to your concerns.

Best,
Gina
Looking forward to the solution. I had a major upload and announcement happening this morning and now have to hold off because of this!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Oops' Couldn't find this track.

hello,

sorry for my little english.
i have post my track https://soundcloud.com/mike_andre/ich-fang-die-sonne-fur-dich-ein-demo to facebook and google+ in google+ it works fine, in facebook comes a white place with a link to soundcloud. ore it comes the Oops' Couldn't find this track. it is only the problem with this song the other works fine
I have same this problem
Same problem here today! Fix it please asap
All so having this issue ??
Yes
All so having this issue ??
yes
Status is "solved", but the problem still occurs it seems?
Is not Working 😞
The same problem
The same problem
same problem...
And it's really annoying
Please any status update, when will this be fixed?

This is a big problem if you were planning to do some promotional work!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in communication. The problem was solved for all new shares to FB however all posts that were previously made with the error will need to be debugged, instructions here.

Thanks again for all your patience.

Best,
Gina
Thank you for the quick intervention , seems to be fixed.
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in communication. The problem was solved for all new shares to FB however all posts that were previously made with the error will need to be debugged, instructions here.

Thanks again for all your patience.

Best,
Gina

When i debug, the url is the same the older, and the problem continue