Question

The tracks in my playlists are starting to disappear from my playlists and my "likes" list without my interaction. Any Ideas?

The tracks in my playlists are starting to disappear from my playlists and my "likes" list without my interaction, and i still have 180 minutes left before i would have to go Pro. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

39 replies

I'm having the same problem. These are disappearing as fast as I add them. This is not the user taking them off, this is a glitch with your site. Frustrating.
I'm having the same issue! 😞 saved a couple of good songs and put them to my playlist, after a few days, I realize the number of songs decreasing (from 81-77), when I search for the song again, it's have not been taken down or private or anything.
Correct it's not mine, however, when i looked for the same exact song i found it and just reposted it once again into my playlist. So i don't really understand why it had disappeared in the first place since the user didn't take it down or make it private.
I'm having the same problem. These are disappearing as fast as I add them. This is not the user taking them off, this is a glitch with your site. Frustrating.
At least give us some sort of notification if a track gets removed from our likes/ playlists. I have 776 likes and a playlist of 500 songs. When songs disappear off of this playlist, I have no idea which ones are gone, and its extremely frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Timmy,

Sorry about the delay in responding to your post here. Can you explain what exactly you're doing when this happens (i.e., what operating system and browser are you using, are you working with a multitude of tabs or only one, what's your workflow for this to happen)? I'd like to try any see if I can reproduce this issue from over here.

Also, if you had a track URL that we can use as an example case (even though it seems to be happening to a multitude of tracks), that would be very helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis
just to reiterate. this is soooo frustrating!! My playlist that was at the limit for songs (500) has gone down to 484 in two weeks. This is a terrible thing to do to your users. I understand that with license and copyright issues, tracks will be taken down but please, let us know which ones are taken off so I dont have to comb through a playlist of almost 500 songs to try and figure out what is missing.
THIS WAS NOT SOLVED. You need to fix your damn site soundcloud. I don't like spending an hour looking through a playlist to pick out which songs are gone.
Your to do list: Fix this glitch. Fix the glitch where songs are removed from the like list.
I shouldn't have to worry about crap like this. If whoever made this site can see this, do your job and fix this.
Hey John,

Just to clarify, these are other user's tracks not your own correct? If that's the case, then a user can take down or make a track private whenever they'd like. If they do this then the track will no longer appear in your playlists or likes.

Hope that clears things up for you,
Gina

Totally understandable, but that song may be on someone else's upload like the actual artist's. But if it disappears without any notification then it's impossible to know if it's there or gone. I would like to be able to keep my playlists as they are. What's happening now is making for a very unenjoyable listening experience.

Is it possible to get a notification in your account about songs that were removed from your playlists, likes, etc.?
I am having the same issue.
4 years later, still a problem. I’m not a paying customer, just a free account, but I can’t imagine why I would ever be a paying customer... data integrity is the only reason to use a service like this.
unfortunately I have to confirm that this issue is still present by this day. as a user with MULTIPLE 500 playlists (that decreased to nearly 400 over the last months) that is extremely painfull. please soundcloud, couldn't you come up with some idea? i really really love your platform 🙂
How is this still a problem after all this time and all these instances of it happening? The playlist function is rendered useless to me if I can't trust that the songs will still be there when I come back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey John,

Just to clarify, these are other user's tracks not your own correct? If that's the case, then a user can take down or make a track private whenever they'd like. If they do this then the track will no longer appear in your playlists or likes.

Gina
The same thing happens to me every now and then. I understand the frustration, does anybody know why this seems to be a reoccurring problem?
This happened to me today. I had 280 songs i my playlist but now I only have 200. Did they cap it or what is going on?
Joakim, I think if you just refresh your page it should fix it. that happens to me sometimes.

But back to the removing of tracks with out at least a notification issue.....

Imagine if someone pitched soundcloud to you like this.... "So its an application where users can go in and upload tracks and other users can find artists and like tracks and make playlists out of songs they find. But if you come back in a couple days there might be ten songs missing from your playlist."

dont think people would go for that
I refrshed it many times. It still says 199 tracks and same on my phone. 75 tracks from my playlist just gone without any actions from me. All the tracks I added the past 2 months.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Ne-Yo – Summertime Mp3 download

Ne-Yo – Summertime, After breaking off the music scene for sometime, Ne-Yo comes for new track titled “Summertime”, Ne-Yo premieres the new track sequel to his February release for Good Man.

https://musikpulse.com/ne-yo-summertime-mp3-download/
I have the same problem, many of my likes -especially flume songs, but also other songs disappear from my liked songs playlist. Is there a limit to how many songs one can like? This has become a real annoying thing, as it occurs quite often.
that sucks 😕 all i can say is, i feel your pain. this is not cool soundcloud. As a web developer myself, I know about user experience, and this is not a good one.

You said “ Just to clarify , These are not your songs right” Wrong. It is all my music composed and played by me. Jeez

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
At least give us some sort of notification if a track gets removed from our likes/ playlists. I have 776 likes and a playlist of 500 songs. When songs disappear off of this playlist, I have no idea which ones are gone, and its extremely frustrating.
Hi J,

I want you to know that I did indeed forward your concern onto our product team. Thank you for sharing these concerns with us.

-Gina
cool, thank you 🙂
Hey John,

Gina

Me to but that track ive been working on it for fucking long long long timess!
Hey John,

Gina

its mine i created it