Question

Tumblr Embeds Not Working

Whenever I try to share a track to tumblr I keep getting an error when I post that says "Gah! We're having problems connecting to Soundcloud. Please wait a minute and try again" or something of that sort. I tried making sure that my browser and add-ons like flash were up to date, I tried using another browser, I tried logging off and back on, and I tried restarting my computer. None of these worked. Is this a problem with soundcloud or tumblr? I just wanted to share a few tracks to my tumblr like I do a lot, but it's not working. Can you help? I also tried doing embeds on tumblr of the tracks rather than just hitting the "share" button but that did not work either. I was able to share to facebook though... Anyway, thanks!

15 replies

update I got the embed to work, but when posted, the song then won't play. something is going wrong with the connection between the two websites...
and now the embed code won't even work again. I'm trying to share Crystal Castles - Decide (https://soundcloud.com/crystal-castle...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ayygari,

Could you please give us a link to the website with the embed?

-Gina
Hi Gina,
I'm having the same issue. Below is the track and my website:
Thank you!
The tracks I am trying to share https://soundcloud.com/crystal-castle... and https://soundcloud.com/trust-fund/dreams and the website I've been trying to share it too is my tumblr, http://ayygarl.tumblr.com

thanks! and I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues
Yes I'm having the same problem - sharing a soundcloud song, either from the soundcloud site or on tumblr, isn't working!! Not even when I search for the song on tumblr (and I do find it there) it just doesn't display it ... something's very very wrong between these two wesites.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

@ayygarl - I believe I've replied to your query on a different conversation on our help forum earlier.

So, I've taken this to our developers to see if they can shed further light on this. Now, the issue seems to be limited to specific tracks only, not all tracks on SoundCloud are affected. The reason the referenced tracks cannot be shared to Tumblr is because the uploader(s) have decided to not allow this.

The error message on Tumblr's end suggests to try sharing again in a few moments, which is misleading and certainly not ideal. Yet, this is something that'd need to be adjusted on their end. We will reach out accordingly to make sure they are made aware of this.

I wish I could provide more of a "solution" to the issue, but I hope the info I've provided helps you to understand why this is happening and shed some light on the issue.

Cheers
Mathis
This still hasn't been solved. Is there a solution yet? This is becoming really annoying.
Hi. This morning I set up the Soundcloud to Tumblr integration within Soundcloud. Then I uploaded a new song to Soundcloud. It's been hours now and the song has still not been share to my Tumblr page (http://chelhamilton.tumblr.com/) Only the version shared via LibSyn is there...

Please advise, and thank you for your time with this! 🙂
Any timeline on when this will be fixed ??
Hi there,

@ayygarl - I believe I've replied to your query on a different conversation on our help forum earlier.

So, I've taken this to our developers to see if they can shed further light on this. Now, the issue seems to be limited to specific tracks only, not all tracks on SoundCloud are affected. The reason the referenced tracks cannot be shared to Tumblr is because the uploader(s) have decided to not allow this.

The error message on Tumblr's end suggests to try sharing again in a few moments, which is misleading and certainly not ideal. Yet, this is something that'd need to be adjusted on their end. We will reach out accordingly to make sure they are made aware of this.

I wish I could provide more of a "solution" to the issue, but I hope the info I've provided helps you to understand why this is happening and shed some light on the issue.

Cheers
Mathis

Hello Mathis,
If the uploader decides not to allow sharing shouldn't the button disappear or not be active. It's very confusing to know which one's are shareable and which one's are not. Thanks.
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

I am experiencing this matter still as well. It will share to either tumbler or google+ sometimes- been getting a window that says " bummer, soundcloud won't let us share" and other times the link plays when it has been successfully posted but it just looks gawd awful & not how the artist would like it to appear I would think. I took screen shots not sure if I can include one in this comment or not. I wish soundcloud had a better method of dealing with customer service matters-- a help forum is tedious when you need to read through 70 pages of questions & comments just to discover it's no use to you..... or the long waiting game for a possible resolution. The IT are getting heat on this I'm sure and it's not entirely in your hands I grasp that but the head honcho in charge of this section should pay better attention to the issue. just a thought 🙂 Thanks for your time Mathis (love your name btw)

Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

I'm having the same problem I cannot share my music to tumblr!

I'm having the same problem I cannot share my music to tumblr!

I'm having the same issue with https://soundcloud.com/sohn/conrad while trying to embed it on tumblr. 😞