Question

Unable to send private messages to my followers etc?

• 9 February 2015
  • 6 replies

I was trying to send a PM to all my previous correspondents to promote my new track but I got so far and I now seem to be blocked. Any Help appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi,
If you were sending too many messages, you might have been flagged as spam. Sending messages just to promote your tracks can lead to that as that's why the stream is there. Hence why its called 'private messaging', right? Try having discussions with others, rather than just pasting your tracks 🙂 It would help you in the long run.
IK
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi S-5-E,

Here is more information regarding why you may have been blocked. Thanks IK for getting this thread started in the right direction!

Best,
Gina
Hi Guys, Thanks for your prompt reply> I totally get it now 😉 Although I was sending a personal message to my recent followers/correspondents, I was guilty of copying and pasting the same message> I will avoid this in future. I appreciate that this could be deemed as spam but as artists/producers we are trying to communicate with people who are interested/following our sounds. Thanks again for resolving this issue. Steve 😉
Userlevel 5
Hey Steve,
I"m happy you get it. I am posting here a link or two, where you can read about how to grow your following, actually how to get meaningful networking started, because really it's not just about having followers, its about networking, like a virtual 'hangout'... if that makes sense. It's easy to get 'followers'. But just having followers would never translate into real interest to your music and would not help you one bit in the long run.
So here is "How to Grow Your Soundcoud Community" . And one more - "How to build meaningful connections..." .
Also, groups are a good way of meeting other soundclouders with similar music tastes,while showing your work. However, just as private messaging, posting too often the same sound won't help you as you can get flagged there easily as well, either by fellow soudnclouders, or even flagged and banned from the group by the moderators for making them to listen to / approve the same song over and over again. So keep it smart there too.
I thought, since you seem to understand, that 'spamming' is not the best way, I would post here a few suggestions and articles on how to do it 'right' without being a spammer, instead of just leave it at 'don't do this , don't do that'.
I really recommend reading those articles - it is worth it and I am saying this from my personal experience. Good luck now.
IK
Thats great, thanks for the links etc.. Very much appreciated!! Cheers Steve
Hi S-5-E,

Here is more information regarding why you may have been blocked. Thanks IK for getting this thread started in the right direction!

Best,
Gina

Gina please help me! i have same issue