Question

We can't find this sound

• 11 February 2015
  • 25 replies

I upload the file, i make it private, i use the private link and send it to my friends but they all get the same problem, "We can't find this sound" this also happens when I check my own private link on my phone (tried multiple browsers and the app)
I have never had this problem before.
what can i do?

25 replies

I'm having the same problem. It worked perfectly on both Google Chrome and Safari on my iPhone as well as Samsung Galaxy S4 but now it's not working for me or anyone I've shared a private sound with.

When I open the same link on the computer it works perfectly.

Please tell me how I can fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We had a look and it appears this was a caching issue. Should be fixed now, can you refresh all your windows, clear your cache and cookies and give the share another try please?

Sorry about the confusion and inconvenience.

Best,
Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled After creating a private playlist.. the private link won't work..

I have uploaded 10 tracks to a private play list. But when I go to share the playlist from the link that is generated it comes up with "We can't find this playlist" I have tried resetting the link, renaming the playlist, and even deleting everything and starting over with a fresh upload but nothing works. what's going on?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Open private playlists on cell phones..

I am sending private playlists to people but they won't come up on phones. How can I fix this? they come up as "can't find playlist"
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "can't find that sound"....

I have put up a private song, but when I send it as a link to friends, they can't open it. Apparently they get a message that says "we can't find that sound". What is wrong?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Secret Link not working on mobile devices.

Hi.

Im having an issue sharing private links with my buddies.

Im getting the secret link from the app copying it and then pasting through whatsapp.
Pasting it directly in the browser doesnt work either.
A message reading "We cant find this sound" appears

However, if I get the link at a pc and paste it in a new browser window it does take me to the file.

Any ideas?

Working on a iphone6 with last update.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Javier
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We had a look and it appears this was a caching issue. Should be fixed now, can you refresh all your windows, clear your cache and cookies and give the share another try please?

Best,
Gina

I'm not sure if each case has to be looked at individually but, I'm still having this issue..
Hi,

Best,
Gina

Hi, I am having the same issue.

Please tell me how I can fix this.
Hi,

Best,
Gina

I think the main issue is on mobile devices. Should it be working on mobile?
Hi,

Best,
Gina

Yes it should be working on mobile but its not.
Hi,

Best,
Gina

We are three people who use to send private links to each other but it is not working for any of us suddenly. This has started today or yesterday. It feels like the problem isn't here with the user's cache but some central setting at the SoundCloud servers since there are so many people last hours who have got the error "We can't find this sound". It is working on Safari on the desktop/laptop computers but not on our iPhones. It has worked flawlessly before so something obviously has happened on the SoundCloud server recently.
Hi,

Best,
Gina

It seems to be working now, thanks!
I am having this issue with a "public" track. I posted a link to the track to Facebook and it works on computers, but on mobile devices the track does not play. Soundcloud just displays a message "We can't find this sound".
I'm having the same issue as Winter Calling.
Yeah... I tried multiple mobile phones... didn't work on any of them. I then went to Queensryche's Facebook page on my iPhone and clicked their links to Soundcloud... Their links did not work either. Not sure why this thread is marked "solved"????
Hi,

Best,
Gina

Hi Gina... Can you please read below in this thread? It appears many of us are having this issue with Public links... it does not appear to be fixed?
Hi,

Best,
Gina

Glad it's not just me... I just posted a new song on FB. Works perfectly from my laptop, but if I try to play it from my iphone (on FB only, the soundcloud app works find), I'm getting the "can't find sound" message.
Hi,

Best,
Gina

It was working for a short time yesterday.. and now I was just told it is not working agin. :(
This is really inconvenient.
Same issue, It was working several hours ago. not to mention bad timing too, we just PR'd a first leak for our fans and says the link doesn't work 😞
Hi,

Best,
Gina

I'm having the same problem. I can access the link from my laptop, but not from my mobile device. The "We can't find this sound" error comes up. Very frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi,

Best,
Gina

Hi there Kaleem,

We were experiencing troubles with this last week, yet you should by now be able to listen to private tracks via the mobile again. If not so, please let us know here.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi,

Best,
Gina

Hi Mathis,

please look into the mentioned issue on this thread again, the issue seems to either had re-surfaced or haven't really been fixed.

(Links to private tracks brings me back to 'Page not found' and at times, sound cloud website states that 'we can't find this playlist' perhaps you're not logged in.---- But it's suppose to work even for non-SC users isn't it?)

There isn't a consistency in having a reliable and working private link.
Doesn't reflect well on us as when we send the link out for business.

Thanks for looking into it!

Evelyn.
i sent a link to face book from a playlist i uploaded yesterday and its currently giving my listeners an error message this link is being boosted by face book so as we speak I'm loosing money for a link that's non access-able, please help me fix this as soon as possible.....

soundcloud.com/jay_o1/sets/1111-the-mixtape-hellafame-gang
Hi,

Best,
Gina

We have integrated soundcloud to our website but audio are not working,it shows only a message (Please visit soundcloud.com to listen to this content).Can you suggest me please.
same issue is happening for me now after 3/4 years