Question

why cant i see the people's name that i follow when they repost music. I can only see the artist.

• 8 January 2015
  • 5 replies

i can only see the artist music on my stream and not the people that repost the music.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Feed is completely random, artists I'm not following are showing up in my stream.

I really really REALLY hope this is a bug or a glitch. My soundcloud feed is useless right now. Anyone know how to fix this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey guys,

Yes, confirming this was a bug which has now been fixed. My sincere apologies that this has caused so much confusion. Things should be back to normal by now.

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why the F**K i have people on my stream who I don't follow?.

REALLY ??

WHY? i _m paying for that?...please soundcloud RESPECT WHAT I WANT TO SEE!!
Userlevel 6
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why the F**K i have people on my stream who I don't follow?.

REALLY ??

WHY? i _m paying for that?...please soundcloud RESPECT WHAT I WANT TO SEE!!

I can understand where you are coming from & with the more people that you follow the more likely you are to have re-posts appearing in your stream...but it is worth looking at re-posting from another angle as well....all of your own tracks have been re-posted by some of your followers, in most cases more than once, so your own tracks have appeared in other peoples streams, people who don't follow you but do follow your followers (if that makes sense) &, more than likely, this will have gained you new followers as well... I can see from some of the users re-posting your tracks have themselves many thousands of followers so this hugely increases your presence on soundcloud, and even if this only generates a handful of new users following you it all increases that presence....it does work both ways 🙂