Question

Why did sound cloud remove Group sharing?The whole point of users pay monthly subscription is to share and let others listen to their work.

Userlevel 2
Why did sound cloud remove Group sharing?? The whole point of users pay monthly subscription is to share and let others listen to their work. Please re-add group sharing or you guys will see a decrease in users including myself and many others.

11 replies

agree!
Same here
I am considering leaving too
me too
This makes me SO angry! I have only 41 followers on soundcloud and the main reason I got around 6-15 likes on my songs is because I posted to many groups! Then yet the reason they remove groups is because its "unnecessary". Soundcloud is definitely at its worst right now
This makes me SO angry! I have only 41 followers on soundcloud and the main reason I got around 6-15 likes on my songs is because I posted to many groups! Then yet the reason they remove groups is because its "unnecessary". Soundcloud is definitely at its worst right now
same situation
Here is exactly the reason why:

"Twitter Drops $70 Million Into SoundCloud

“Earlier this year we made an investment in SoundCloud through Twitter Ventures to help support some of our efforts with creators,” CEO Jack Dorsey says"

Last week, Twitter named Ross Hoffman its new vice president of global media.“This year we’re focused on delivering on five product priorities — refining our core service, live-streaming video, creators, safety, and developers — as well as recruiting great talent,” Twitter said in a statement at the time.

http://www.thewrap.com/twitter-invests-70-million-soundcloud/

They got bought the fuck out.
Yes, I can't understand, too! The groups were very important for me to find new followers, find music I like, get more plays ... From now on it's extremly difficult to share my tracks with success ... Who wants to send a new track step by step to all followers per mail? Or repost it again and again? What a pitty, soundcloud has lost its best function ... 😞
Congratulations to SC for this well-thought-out decision! In medicine or psychology something like this would be called self-mutilation. As this was an important as well as simple functionality that sets SC apart from other platforms and, therefore, plays/klicks from now on will run down for many artists leaving them behind in anger without providing a proper alternative, I can't support such a decision... What a great marketing campaign! "As SC dugs into the best ways for curators to connect with artists and fans..." I am very affiliate to the already mentioned: BULL**** for this unreproducible change in/of features/functionality.
I really hope they will bring back groups. It was a fantastic way to find artists in the same genre or area of interest as me. The trend now is to get liked/followed by fake accounts. It seems soundcloud went "pay to win" or maybe they want artists to promote their content outside of the platform? It´s hard to wrap my head around the decision.
AGREE